The Finale

colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Re: The Finale

Post by colmquinn »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:Never watched Stargate, so such knowledge is sadly absent from my mind. :oops:

And... I am sorry, I don't get what you mean by fishes and pond. Is that an expression?
:shock: Get thee to a tv with a box set now heathen and fill thy head of the awsome coolness that is Jack O'Neill!!

If my memory serves me correctly the fish in pond thing
is a reference to a pond O'Neill has beside his house. Never any fish in it but he still fishes there because he finds it relaxing. One day there's a "time travel" incident thingy, the heroes sort it all out with minimal hassle and as they all settle down outside O'Neill's house a fish jumps in the pond resulting in bemused looks on teams faces.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

So... time travel was acceptable?

I think I'm happy nBSG didn't go that far into science-fictionny. I was really happy with how the serie ended, Baltar's final line, inexplicably, brough me heavy tears. Even when I think about it, I get mistied eyes.

I never understood why. Why does "I know farming... I know farming!" went to reach me at such profound level.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:So... time travel was acceptable?
It didn't happen too often in SG-1 and was generally avoided.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

And when they did use it, they thought it through and used it well - Window of Opportunity being the finest example.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.