nBSG ep "No Exit"

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

nBSG ep "No Exit"

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Wow..that was a lot of info dumped on us there. A lot of very interesting info. Who saw it?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Re: nBSG ep "No Exit"

Post by colmquinn »

It was a good episode. I'm glad we finally learn to fill in some of the gaps but still left with plenty of scope for more wow moments.

I'm glad to find out more about the 5 and dean stockwell as usual played a stormer. His speech about hating his body was great.
I didn't think that ellen would be such a major player in the 5 but then again I should've seen it coming when she was revealed as one of the 5 but that she was dead, (why reveal it if she wasn't going to play a role in future)

There's only what bout 5 - 6 eps left?, can't wait to see what we learn - then again it'll be over and I'll only have dvd's of it to watch over and over :(
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Just saw it. I think it's showing how the series is picking up in quality again. Despite being an hour long info-dump of exposition, I was never once bored with it. Here's hoping they can keep it up.

I'm further convinced that the Galactica isn't going to survive the series.

Loved Cavil's "I don't want to be human!" rant.

Wonder if Anders is going to survive.

So, let's begin speculating as to who Number 7 is. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Was the Daniel guy they mentioned not the missing one? Cabal had one killed because he thought he was unstable or somesuch, from what I rem of the conversation with Ellen and cabal - but maybe I just need to re watch the ep again.

Then again its prob starbuck but it seems too obvious does it not
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

colmquinn wrote:Was the Daniel guy they mentioned not the missing one? Cabal had one killed because he thought he was unstable or somesuch, from what I rem of the conversation with Ellen and cabal - but maybe I just need to re watch the ep again.

Then again its prob starbuck but it seems too obvious does it not
I remember seeing speculation on the gateworld.net forum that Daniel is actually Starbucks father, or perhaps that when the genetic profile was mutated, it mutated into Starbuck and the she in effect *is* Daniel. Notice, she was glowing from Anders perspective just before the seizure as well.

I really hope the galactica at least makes it to where they're going.

I've also seen speculation that perhaps the "dieing leader" is Adama...he seems to be popping quite a few pills lately.

My favorite line. "Chief...do whatever you have to to save our girl."
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

At the moment I'm wondering who these angels are supposed to be, especially given that I don't think Head-Six or Head-Baltar have shown up in a while. So much for no ship of lights.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I remember seeing speculation on the gateworld.net forum that Daniel is actually Starbucks father, or perhaps that when the genetic profile was mutated, it mutated into Starbuck and the she in effect *is* Daniel. Notice, she was glowing from Anders perspective just before the seizure as well.
Aye, I've heard the same speculation on SDN. She seemed surprised when Anders said the name, so maybe she recognised it?
Surely there must be at least one Daniel around, since there had to have been at least one of that model around for Cavil to be jellous of. All we know is that he sabotaged the facility where the Daniels were being grown, ensuring no further Daniels could be made. It's possible there's still one around. Maybe when Cavil placed the Final Five among the Colonies, he put Daniel there too?
In any case, he's probably going to turn up sometime soon. I doubt they'd make such a big deal out of him in this episode just as a throw-away remark.
I really hope the galactica at least makes it to where they're going.
I think the Galactica is going to do a Pegasus and go down with all guns blazing, taking down Cavil's flagship. Maybe with Adama aboard.
I've also seen speculation that perhaps the "dieing leader" is Adama...he seems to be popping quite a few pills lately.
Could be. If that prophecy is correct, then it's going to be either Roslin or Adama. Roslin has cancer, though, so that makes her suspect #1 on the "to die" list.

An interesting theory I've heard is that Galactica is the "leader" that will die. In a way, that ship's been more of a leader than either of the two human leaders, both as a symbol of endurance and protector of humanity. Not sure I buy into that theory, but it's an interesting one.
I think Cavil's ranting wins the best line(s) award from me. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Rochey wrote:
I think Cavil's ranting wins the best line(s) award from me. :)
That was pretty dang awesome. And he makes good points. I wonder if the writers ever think "You know...most people celebrate having the ability to do what he's ranting against....how'd we come up with this?" :)