nBSG ep "Blood on the Scales"

Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

nBSG ep "Blood on the Scales"

Post by Foxfyre »

Ok for the discussion of the latest installment.

I must say about fraking time Zarek got what was coming to him. And I also must say boy did Laura go psycho in this one, the looks on the cyclon's faces were perfect mix of shock, awe and fear :P
Genius insania et conseri manum
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: nBSG ep "Blood on the Scales"

Post by Deepcrush »

Why the hell did those dumbfucks feel they needed stand alone eps. This season is everything that BSG should be. My mom said she just passed it clicking channels and couldn't bring herself to turn it off. This dispite she's never really watched the show. This latest ep made me freak!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

yes I agreee like the way the series flows, the stand alones of season 3 just didn't do it for me.
Kevsha
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kevsha »

This was an awesome episode. i have watched it like 3 times so far some great points

Geata realizing what he got himslef into. and realizing that the reckoning is comming

Baltar's sudden change of heart and taking responsibility.

Adama taking command of the fleet again.

At the end of the episode anyone notice tyrol staring at the wall in the engine room of the Galactica? he seems very distressed at what he sees. looks like structural fatuige, you can hear metal creeking noises as he is looking. again it seems like it represents some imediate danger to the ship. maybe its some kind of unrepairable damage that will force an evacuation of the galactica and adama will transfer his flag to the base star. that would be one hell of a plot twist.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Or a swap with the Cylons. Cylons run Galactica and Colonials on the Base Ship.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Have to say, the bit where the government get machine gunned was pretty damn shocking. Wonder what the total bodycount will be for this little revolution - guess we'll know next week when it shows the population count at the beginning of the episode.

Have to say Richard Hatch and Alessandro Juliani acted their socks off. Bringing Richard Hatch back as Zarek was one of the best things this show ever did.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Yeah Hatch did one hell of a job. Granted for the most part the actors they have bring some incredible skills to the show so its often hard to say which actor is better..
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Its not just that the actors do and did a great job. Its that they do a great together.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Agreed and also add in the writers, without them writting the killer scripts there would be no show.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Just saw it. Damn that was a good episode. nBSG still has life in it after the shit of season 3! I knew I'd be justified in continuing to watch it. :)

Damn, Roslin is fraking scary when she's pissed.

What was the Chief looking at at the end? It looked as though something had torn parts of the metal away. :?

Nice to see that when the Colonials say "spin up the FTL", they litteraly do spin them.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Kevsha wrote: At the end of the episode anyone notice tyrol staring at the wall in the engine room of the Galactica? he seems very distressed at what he sees. looks like structural fatuige, you can hear metal creeking noises as he is looking. again it seems like it represents some imediate danger to the ship. maybe its some kind of unrepairable damage that will force an evacuation of the galactica and adama will transfer his flag to the base star. that would be one hell of a plot twist.
She won't survive the show, I'm sure of it.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, the Galactica will go down in some heroic way at the end of the show. Like Peg', but even better (hopefully).
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Rochey wrote:Aye, the Galactica will go down in some heroic way at the end of the show. Like Peg', but even better (hopefully).
That would be epic. I loved this episode. Not every series can pull of and put down a rebellion in 2 episodes and make it work as well as it did. I love the fact that you can see the ship is falling apart. As Tigh said in the previous episode "4 years without a pit stop." The ending, whatever it is, is going to (or better be) epic.

Most shocking and one of my favorite parts:
spoiler wrote:Zarek killing the Quorum. They finally get a backbone and he guns them down. It was nice to see where the Quorum really stands tho.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

me,myself and I wrote:
Rochey wrote:Aye, the Galactica will go down in some heroic way at the end of the show. Like Peg', but even better (hopefully).
That would be epic. I loved this episode. Not every series can pull of and put down a rebellion in 2 episodes and make it work as well as it did. I love the fact that you can see the ship is falling apart. As Tigh said in the previous episode "4 years without a pit stop." The ending, whatever it is, is going to (or better be) epic.

Most shocking and one of my favorite parts:
spoiler wrote:Zarek killing the Quorum. They finally get a backbone and he guns them down. It was nice to see where the Quorum really stands tho.

I agree is cool how much continutiy there is BSG, how there is no magical ability to have a perfectly working ship (Cough..janeway....cough), no magic solutions (except for one episode), and a very well writen and engaging story line
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, this is how you do a series about a ship stuck in space with little to no support.
Watch it, B&B, and hang your heads in shame.