New RPG character thread

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

We've discussed this, so you know my answer; but to restate it I for one would welcome you aboard. I'm sure we'll be hiring hands who hadn't been involved previously.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Ah what the heck.

(ex)Chief Engineer Jackson Cech
Race: Human
height 5' 11", light build, brown eyes and hair.

Things started out very well for Cech. He had a love of applied science and engineering. Probably would have gone for CSO if he didn't like actually building stuff so much, but the strong science background helps a lot in setting yourself apart in engineering, so for him it was up the ziggurat lickety split! and all that drek. He avoided getting involved with all that family stuff. Figuring he'd have a much better selection as a senior officer.

Making Cheif Engineer of the USS Teton, a Steamrunner class ship, was the high point of his life.

But then the captain started making him go on all the away missions.

"All that experties and experience and now I'm dodging falling rocks, backwater specie's spears, and disrupter blasts every other month! What drek is that!"

While it focused him wonderfully in regards to learning to get stuff based on a theory and a prayer working fast, the strain wore on him and he developed a nervous twitch that has never really gone away. He also developed a general loathing for colonial era Britain as he blames Nelson and gits like that for the tradition of sending senior naval officers into the line of fire, though he hasn't really looked into the veracity of that claim.

A few close calls convinced him that he needed some kind of edge.

When the opportunity arose he requested a runabout for a two week period to "observe personal religious practices". In reality he went to a nearby planet where he knew biochemical modification was done. He traded some engineering knowhow and some federation tech for some mods to keep him alive on those stupid away missions. For fear of side effects he avoided the "super soldier" package and just went for increasing the "clockspeed" of his senses and brain. Figuring he'd get stuff done faster, dodge better, and nobody would be able to tell the difference.

The operation was a success, though it only made his twitch worse.

At first things seemed grand. But one day after his annual checkup he noticed the ship's doctor was acting funny. He hacked the doctors terminal and found that his secret had been made out, and once the doctor's report reached the captain he'd be bound for the brig.

"I knew I should have gone for the harder to detect DNA resequencing, but that's so much riskier! Why can't anybody look the other way? Do they want me to die?!?!"

He quickly loaded a cart with a bunch of stuff he thought would be valuable and and requested a Danube from Ops "to investigate some weird signals he'd detected".

Once clear he made a break for it and merged in with other interstellar traffic and went about reconfiguring the ships emissions and the exterior.

He did not deal well with going from Chief to "dude alone in a shuttle". At first he occupied himself with substance abuse and a synaptic stimulator. His latest invention being replicated nicotine, THC, caffeine, amphetamine, etc loaded cigarettes made out of a polymer matrix that burns clean so the smoke doesn't frag up his equipment. He has one of these lit pretty much all day at this point.

While still superhumanly observant and quick his physical prowess leaves much to be desired; essentially being a stick. He isn't going to be winning any boxing matches, or long distance running matches either. He also tends to be a little disheveled and, since the world seems to be moving slow to him, he gets bored very easily and these days will often be doing something like watching sports while working instead of giving the job his full attention.

Supplies are getting low and he's tired of not being in a somewhat important or relevant position. He'd even welcome away missions at this point! Especially after he fragged his career just to be better at them! So it's off to try and find.....something.
Last edited by sunnyside on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"All that experties and experience and now I'm dodging falling rocks, backwater species spears, and disrupter blasts every other month! What drek is that!"
I think our characters are going to get along pretty well. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Ohhh, awsome backstory there Sunnyside! Hehe, gonna lead to some interesting conversations int he mess, methinks, particularly if theres anyone here who might have grudges against ex starfleeters but doesnt wanna snipe at the capin' >.>
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Name: Bossk (What?)
Species: Gorn

Bio: Grew up working security for an Orion trade syndicate he is no stranger to heated situations. After a dispute over the trading routes leading to the Gorn Government Bossk left in protest instead setting out to make it among the stars as a soldier of fortune.

edit: That's got to be the shortest bio ever.. I'll expand it later.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Three lines? Yep, that counts as pretty short, I think. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

It gets the job done!

I have a date. I can't spend all time with the far cooler Star Trek website!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Boush, and now Bossk. I think I detect a trend... :)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You think? :o
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Actually Star Wars (the movies) would exist in the Trek Universe.

So maybe someone in the Orion syndicate with a sense of humor and a hobby of watching old earth movies helped out a bit with his nickname. :P
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

There's no reason why Star Wars and Star Trek couldn't exist in the same universe - the former is, after all, "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away", so there wouldn't be any interaction.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

I suppose, but I just meant the movies.

As in if you told Quark you wanted to kill a holo version of Jar Jar Binks he could probably hook you up once he figured out what the heck you were talking about.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

As in if you told Quark you wanted to kill a holo version of Jar Jar Binks he could probably hook you up once he figured out what the heck you were talking about.
I now have a reason for wanting to visit the Star Trek universe. :P
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:
I now have a reason for wanting to visit the Star Trek universe. :P
You didn't want to before? And am I the only one who liked Jar Jar?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You didn't want to before?
Nah, not really. There's other universes I'd prefer to live in.
And am I the only one who liked Jar Jar?
Yes. Yes you are. His only redeeming thing in the entire prequal trilogy was helping to create the Empire. :P