New RPG character thread

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Well see I prefer free democracy to evil imperialism (Jeez i hate my country's foundation). And Jar Jar binz wasn't that bad. I admit getting his tongue stuck in a Pod-racer or whatever their called was stupid but hey.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well see I prefer free democracy to evil imperialism
Well, I prefer a mildly oppresive government in which you still have a lot of freedom, to a communist state in which you have none. There lies our difference.
And Jar Jar binz wasn't that bad.
You have seen The Phantom Menace, right? :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Yes where he was a complete idiot for the majority of the film. Whats so bad about that.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The fact that he was a complete idiot through the entire film. His idiocy wasn't even necessary to the film. He could have been very competant and fullfulled the exact same roles.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

I don't have a problem with having a character around for comic relief. However JJB was all about retarded comic relief. By which I mean it's funny because the character is acting just silly and stupid. It's low humor meant for the age group that enjoys Barney or the Wiggles or whatever they're watching now.

In contrast in the earlier movies C3P0 and R2D2 were there for comic relief, but they weren't funny be being silly and stupid.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Fair enough. I'm simply saying that Jar Jar for me was one of those kinda irrelavent characters.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Here I am...

Jacob

Species: Human
Height: '6

Background: Born on one of the less-developed planets in the De-militarized Zone along the Federation border with the Cardassians, Jacob grew up in an environment where food and resources were sparse; as a result, he is a survivalist, with an innate talent to improvise in order to survive. In his early teens, Jacob decided to enlist in Starfleet, hoping to make a difference in the system, and to bring aid to his beleaguered homeworld. He excelled in his courses, and graduated in the top 3% of his class at Starfleet Academy; he eventually finished Starfleet Advanced Tactical training in the top 10%. Out of disgust for the bureaucracy, and lack of action on the part of the Federation after the initiation of hostilities in the Cardassian DMZ, he resigned from Starfleet. He later joined the Maquis to aid his homeworld, and all the oppressed people in the territories ceded to the Cardassians.

He eventually became a respected commander in the ranks of the Maquis, devising and executing a number of successful raids on Cardassian shipyards, manufacturing bases and planetary training facilities. Operating under the codename, " Red Wolf", Jacob worked his way into the higher echelons of Maquis command, personally ordering the reprogramming and re-targeting of the captured Cardassian "Dreadnought" superweapon in anger over the brutal subjugation and near annihilation of the people on his home planet. After the Cardassian alliance with the Dominion, Jacob tried in vain to get the Maquis and remaining colonists in the DMZ to evacuate to Federation space, arguing the vast superiority of Dominion forces and the continued lack of Federation support made their opposition near-meaningless.

The Maquis didn't heed his warnings, and many cells were eradicated overnight. Jacob tried to take his cell into hiding along the Federation border after the initial attacks, but he was betrayed by one of his contacts, and ambushed on the planet he'd chosen as a sanctuary. Despite his considerable experience, and having more experienced soldiers at his command, he was vastly outnumbered by the Jem'hadar forces, and retreated after losing more than half of his people. The remainder of the cell dispersed shortly afterwards, and Jacob set out with a few loyal personnel in his Raider, intent on tracking down the scum responsible for the slaughter: Koraga.

Basically, my ship gets smashed (weapons and life support are disabled, and my warp coils are destroyed due to my excessively hasty withdrawal), and my crew killed; I and the other ship (one of Koraga's) are forced to withdraw due to damage, and I put myself into transporter stasis because I have all of 90 minutes of air left, and no way to repair life support. Any good? Can you fit me in?
You guys are already on his trail, right? You could run across my critically damaged ship when you start chasing him.

The lack of a last name is for a reason. :wink:

EDIT: I made all of this up on the fly, so if there are any inconsistancies, chalk it up to that.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sounds good to me. Welcome aboard!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Another human to moan about :D
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hey! I'm 2iC also, and I didn't sleep my way to the top. :wink:
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hey! I'm 2iC also, and I didn't sleep my way to the top.
Zing! :lol:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote:Hey! I'm 2iC also, and I didn't sleep my way to the top. :wink:
Hey, you never asked :P
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hey now... and me recently single and all... I guess a little mourning period would be appropriate, though...
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:Hey now... and me recently single and all... I guess a little mourning period would be appropriate, though...
:shock: :shock: :shock:

What?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hey, my girl was just murdered - a little self-restraint is in order before I jump in the sack (or whatever Chakats sleep in.)

Just kiddin' - Gunny's probably a bit conservative in that regard.
as Bull offed Custer