64%
No
36%

Total votes: 14
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

USS Daystrom sequel/spin-off?

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I was thinking about the possibility of a sequel to the Daystrom RPG. I want to know if there is enough interest in making it an RPG or if I should write it as a story.

If it would be an RPG some of the characters, whose players don't plan on killing them off would obviously be in it. For those who have killed off their characters can create new ones for the purpose of the RPG. Or else it could also be something other then a true sequel, but more of a less serious spin-off. One thing that I want to be different in this spin-off RPG is for it to have a less serious tone.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm not sure where some of our fellows have gone (Teaos, Seafort, Thorin - come back!) but I had always gotten the impression that our current mission was to be the first of many.

As far as the tone or anything else, only a fool fails to learn from his mistakes... or successes... :P
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Minnsky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Minnsky »

Minnsky will not be available for an other RPG. well, he could but it would be complicated. lol
Yes were are the others. just busy i hope.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I will be back in the current USS Daystrom, don't worry. Just looking for a flashy enterance :wink:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I've learned to not be in the physical vicinity for other people's flashy entrances... :wink:

Hopefully there will be some ship-board stuff once the away mission is launched.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd be up for it.
Though it would be difficult if we were doing a sequal, as the thing isn't over yet! :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I had hoped shi meant AFTER the current mission was over...
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

yeah let's finish this one before we begin the next mission.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

If we went with a true sequal I was thinking something more like 5 or 10 years later. However a spin-off would be more then possible if anyone would like to change RPGs without having to create a different character. I for one always RP as Blackstar(myself) so I'd be one of the ones transfering off the Daystrom if we did a spin-off.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think I would keep Mikey too; although I don't see the necessity of abandoning the Daystrom. I had really just thought in terms of the next mission, once this one is complete.

BTW - whatever happened to Teaos?
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm not sure about whether I'd keep my current character, or go for a different one were we to start a spin-off.
BTW - whatever happened to Teaos?
Dunno, he hasn't posted in ages. Neither has Seafort or some of the others.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm all for it because i have only started the first one now anyway.
I dont mind same or similar character but it seems that my profession is fairly devoid of contact with other people.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Reliant121 wrote:I'm all for it because i have only started the first one now anyway.
I dont mind same or similar character but it seems that my profession is fairly devoid of contact with other people.
I thought you were a medic?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

ah yes...but i wrote this before i really got the feel for what i was doing. Just ignore what I said.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If we do start up a spin-off RPG, I think it's safe to say I'll be using a different character. One who isn't a complete asshole. :P