ITT we talk about the race por favor

sunnyside
Captain
Captain

ITT we talk about the race por favor

Post by sunnyside »

We've now got the "race" idea mixed up in both RPG threads bent and folded around a flamewar and other stuff.

Also some of us aren't up to speed. So this would be a better way to get everyone involved. In fact it could be a spot people who aren't in either RPG could jump in.

From what I hear there is an issue with why a Federation Akira would get involved with or allow crew to get involved with a race.

However I think Blackstars char there is fairly independent and might want to be in this race for her own reasons. That could even be a way to move that char off the ship if moving another one in is desired. It would also avoid the issue of having the Dream in the race and/or dragging the main plot in (which I think would be the kiss of death).

As for the Pride characters we're currently in R&R mode and there are some plots that could keep it planetside so we could just have the race in our vicinity and people zip off to be in it as desired.

Personally for format I'd like to see something without any main plot entanglments and just have some good old RP fun. It would also have its own thread.

Generally use the "must have 2 other posts before going again rule " BUT as both RPG sometimes move at a snails pace I suggest something a little different for a race. After 6 hours that rule is waived, but instead of just double posting your own adventure if you post you have to post something another racer(or everyone) has to deal with (someone cuts them off scraping their hull, etc). I think this would get the other people posting more as they'd have something to react to instead of just sitting there wondering what to do.

We'll figure out winners and stuff near the end. Some people may have dropped out for subplot or other reasons, or they might not have even been there to win in the first place.

If it gets contecious as to who could win I'd suggest just having it go down to either a random dice roll on a verifiable server, or something like betting on a real world sports game, if your team wins(or beats the spread if that's the bet) than your char can beat the other person in the race.

That's just my idea.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

From what I hear there is an issue with why a Federation Akira would get involved with or allow crew to get involved with a race.
We solved that problem. It's going to be an unofficial race that some of the crew of the Akira are going to be taking part in during some R&R time at a starbase.
Which is probably a good thing. I doubt my character on the Daystrom would be too happy to see Blackstar. In fact, he'd probably try blowing hir up.
As for how Blackstar's character on the Daystrom is getting involved, I think she plans on hijacking a fighter.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Well I think most of us on the Pride are either operating free under R&R time or could disengage ourselves pretty quick.

What's the status with the Daystrom? i.e. is it going to be a month before they could go?

Also fill me in if you guys figured out format and everything. I just used the search function on this board to find some posts to get a feeling for what was cooking.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Daystrom has just finished up its mission. We're en route to the starbase now.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I recomend that we keep all the race posts to one thread. Then when its over come back to the other one.
edit: I mean like all the race posts in Starbolt's alpha thread. People not involved can keep posting in the Daystorm Alpha. Then when the race is over the Daystorm people can go back to the Daystorm Alpha thread.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Monroe wrote:I recomend that we keep all the race posts to one thread. Then when its over come back to the other one.
edit: I mean like all the race posts in Starbolt's alpha thread. People not involved can keep posting in the Daystorm Alpha. Then when the race is over the Daystorm people can go back to the Daystorm Alpha thread.
Actually I'd suggest a totally seperate thread. After all if Rochey and Blackstar bring their Daystrom chars they may still want to do stuff with their Starbolt chars in the starbolt alpha thread.

It would also make getting caught up from the beginning easier.

Monroe would you like to bring Bossk(possibly on my ship) or would you bring a daystrom char if you have one?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Problem is my and Rochey's Daystorm alter egos would kill Blackstar first chance they got. Munro (My Daystorm character) already is convinced she's still alive. So because of that I may leave Munro out of it and just stick with Bossk.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Monroe wrote:Problem is my and Rochey's Daystorm alter egos would kill Blackstar first chance they got. Munro (My Daystorm character) already is convinced she's still alive. So because of that I may leave Munro out of it and just stick with Bossk.
If people aren't bringing in multiple people and if Blackstar is bringing the Daystrom char you wouldn't have the Blackstar issue.

Unless you want to kill both of Blacks chars. :)

It really sounds like things would go better if the Chackat stayed home.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

lol. My Daystorm character just doesn't trust M'Real (blackstar's Daystorm char) fully, he has nothing against her personally :P

Its Blackstar's idea and Blackstar and M'Real are both pilots. While M'Real might not be the Daystorm's chief choice Blackstar would be the Starbolt's. I've got no problem with Blackstar being there. She should :) I'll just make sure Munro keeps away. If anything to keep Bossk from trying to beat him up :P
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, my Daystrom character has a slight grudge against Blackstar due to almost getting killed by hir. If he found out shi was still alive, he wouldn't hesitate to have the entire crew of the Pride killed just to take hir down. After all, what's a few more dead criminals, from his point of view?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

To be fair, you're Daystrom character wants no part of this race anyway.

Here's a question - is this to take place in some unspecified time between the Daystrom berthing and it's subsequent redeployment? Because if the Daystrom thread is supposedly current, the Daystrom chars have no time for this.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Mikey wrote:To be fair, you're Daystrom character wants no part of this race anyway.

Here's a question - is this to take place in some unspecified time between the Daystrom berthing and it's subsequent redeployment? Because if the Daystrom thread is supposedly current, the Daystrom chars have no time for this.
What. It couldn't have some refit time? Even Kirk had to take some time off from time to time.

EDIT: Oh Teaos is trying to light a fire under your butts. Well a little edit that you won't be that busy during the two weeks would do it. Though if they want to launch right into the beta mission post wise it could be more of a problem.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The time between Alphas mission and the first post of Beta mission is a couple of weeks so it could have happened then. Just retcon your R&R time.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:The time between Alphas mission and the first post of Beta mission is a couple of weeks so it could have happened then. Just retcon your R&R time.
That's fine. Just wanted to be on the same page as everyone else.

*EDIT* OK, I just went back and checked the Myrmidon's specs. Is this to be a warp-speed race? If so, then I'm out - the bug shuttle is a dog. Sublight or just thrusters she kicks boatloads of ass.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think it's a sublight race.