USS-Daystrom Alpha mission

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Boush looked out the window of the security office at the USS Bangalore as they both flew in warp towards the ship they intended on rescuing. Behind him the security team were preparing their weapons.

"Sir we don't even know the situation yet, you sure we should be arming to the teeth?" One of the ensigns asked as he grabbed a phase rifle.

"The standard for most federation ships is to wait until the Captain orders them to assemble an away team. It can take fifteen minutes to get one assembled and transported. If we are already armed we can cut those fifteen minutes to two, soldier." Munro replied before grabbing his own phase rifle, missing his custom plasma rifle already, "Lock and load, and stay here until we have orders to disembark. I will be on the bridge." He slung his rifle over his shoulder and walked out towards the bridge. He recieved a few currious looks as he walked through the hallways with a rifle slung.

"Expecting trouble sir?" one of the crewmen, a female asked attempting to be polite.

"Always expecting trouble." Munro grumbled as he walked past.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Sir?" Asked Rochey quietly.

"Yes, Commander?"

"You may recall I requested a private meeting with you as soon as the staff meeting had ended." The Commander informed the Captain.

"Ah, yes, you're quite right. Well, step into my office." Fletcher replied, walking into the now deserted briefing room. "Well, what was it you wished to talk about?" He asked the moment the door slid shut behind them.

"I wish to talk to you about Lieutenant Commander M'Real."

"Okay." Replied the Captain, sitting down in a chair. "Talk away."

"I would like to request that she have access to certain part of the ship denied immediately." Rochey said, deciding to get straight to the point.

"And exactly why should I allow that?" Asked Fletcher sharply.

"With respect to the Lieutenant Commander, Sir, I believe she is a threat to the safety of this ship, and it's crew."

"And precisely how did you reach that conclusion, Commander?"

"Since she has come aboard the ship, she has caused nothing but hassle, and has flaunted the rules time and time again."

"Such as?" The Captain asked.

"Well, Sir, the moment she got aboard the ship, she decided to tamper with our communications systems. This, naturaly, set off an alert, and we had to dispatch personel down to her lcoation to find out what the problem was. In effect, she tampered with our systems, and drew personel away from their stations for no reason that I can see."

"Okay...why did she do that?" The Captain asked, frowning.

"She claims she was just testing our security. Though she should have known to inform, and get permission from, the acting senior officer at that time to do her 'test'."

"Right. Well, I'll have to speak with her about that. But that's hardly reason to deny her access to wherever she wants to go."

"Quite right, Sir, but there have been other infractions." Rochey replied quickly. He had spent the previous night planning out exactly how he was going to turn her actions against her, and was more than ready to give a whole list of reasons.

"Such as?" Fletcher asked.

"Well, Sir, just last night, she sent an unauthorised transmission, despite having been informed of the new security measures. She knowingly flaunted our rules and important security measures."

"Perhaps it was an urgent message?" The Captain suggested, shrugging.

"It was not, Sir. I confronted her this morning about it, and she informed me that it was a message to her mother."

"Her.....mother?" Fletcher asked in disbelief.

"Yes Sir. I'm having the message decoded now, so I will be able to verify that at a later date."

"Exactly why are you decoding it?"

"With respect, Sir, it was unauthorised. The new protocols allow unauthorised messages to be inspected."

"Right, right. Well, I'll speak to her about that too. Anything else?"

"Yes, Sir, one more thing. She has repeatedly harrassed me since she got here. Her constant presence has made doing my job much more difficult, particularly concerning sensitive information. She has repeatedly scheduled meetings with me, despite me being on duty at that time. This could lead to serious problems with my ability to do my duty in the future." Rochey knew he was.....enhancing the truth with this, but it was necassary.
"Also, she has shown severe disrespect to several members of the crew, particularly for crewmen who are members of non-Federation races. Such as myself and Lieutenant Munro. I believe that any judgements she may have on such crew members may be.....coloured by any personal beliefs she may have." Again, that was a slightly modified version of events, but the basis of it was completely correct.

"Any other complaints, Commander?" Fletcher asked wearily.

"No Sir. But I have concluded that she is eratic, untrustworthy and that her decisions may be suspect. Therefore, I believe her to be a threat to the ship and crew."

"Well, I'm glad you didn't take any action without consulting me, but those aren't reasons for me to restrict her access."

"Sir, I-" Rochey began.

"My word is final, Commander. I have taken your worries on board, and I will talk to her about her actions since she has come on the ship, but I will not take any actions against her unless she does anything else. Understood?"

"Yes Sir."

"Fine. Dismissed."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Minnsky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Minnsky »

Silence prevailed the room as they read the screen. Metler finished first and moved to the cockpit, once finished Mich joined him. Minnsky was hunched over the computer core rearranging the chips.
"Sir?"
"I need a chip, im going to sell the message back to the feline."
"Wouldn't it be more productive to give it to Mikey?"
"Who?" Metler stopped his work for a second to get the answer.
"The Andorian."
"Right," he went back to work pitching the ship into silence. Mich stood for a little while and then went back to the Admirals file.
"Says she served on the Carpathia, you served on that ship didn't you?" Mich asked trying to occupy himself. "Shes also M'Reals mother, that has to be worth something to Mikey."
"It is," Metler walked out of the cockpit chip in hand. "He will care greatly, he will also find it interesting that she has a thing ageist Tholians, raised Blackstar and that I have half the file."
Mich looked at him bewildered, "You have the hole thing, right here."
"But I will tell him I have half, the complete one will be sold to M'Real, or the highest bidder."
"The highest bidder."
Metler smiled, "Coded Starfleet messages can get a hefty price on the black market. Not that I would ever sell it, but she needs to think so."
"And if she finds out that you gave half to Mikey?"
There was a pause as Minnsky remembered who Mikey was then, "They already have a coded copy, I made sure of that. The realization that they have half wont surprise her to much."
Mich eyed him worried. "it has holes in it." He said it matter of fact.
"Yes, we should sleep on it. You have top bunk."
They slipped into there beds and soon Mich was sound asleep. Metler on the other hand slowly got up. "Wells, isolate top bunk." He whispered.
A wall appeared separating Mich from the ship letting Metler work uninterrupted. The fact that he had decoded it would never be told. Instead he would plant a trial for the Starfleet officers to follow and decode it themselves. Minnsky knew M'Real wouldn't take the file, or she might, just to give it to the Andorian and get on his good side. Ether way he had to have another plan to get a one up. Heading back to the cockpit he pulled up a file on nanites. This was going to be fun.

"Met! Met!" A girl aged five years came running up to him, red skin glistening in the earth's harsh heat. "Look what I made Metler." She proudly showed a model of a Formicidae class.
Metler set his PADD down on the table and crotched to her eye level. "Its beautiful Lityrn, do you know how long they were in service?"
"From 2161 thru 2361." She stated with out hesitation.
"Good girl," He smiled widely. A human shadow fell over them and Metler stood. "Hanna"
"Lityrn," The woman said addressing the girl, "I believe that your teacher is looking to continue class." The child ran off happily. Both adults watched her go. "Met, she really likes you. One could say loves as a."
Metler cut her off, "Hanna, don't say it."
"Damit Metler." She turned away from him in frustration. He looked at his feet and then moved to her, embracing her in a hug.

Minnsky sat upright, once again woken by his dreams, woken right on time. His work from the night before was done, it sat on the edge of the computer consol in the main room. He got up and found that Mich was still sleeping. That was how it always was, Metler would wake first, and make breakfast then Mich would wake up, they would eat and get to work. "Wells, breakfast please." Metler opened the replicator pad and moved off to check ship systems. With all systems working in order he moved the food to the counter and woke Mich.
"What's this?" Mich asked as he sat.
"A chip with the message on it, you were right, there were to many holes." Metler explained that he was going to give the chip to M'Real in hopes that she would do the right thing. Mich showed a bit of hesitation at the plan, even distaste but in the end agreed that it was best. As they finished up eating a warning signal went off. Metler had his PADD in hand within a second and hit a few buttons. "Automated Distress call S.S. Minnow Pond. That's Tailors ship." Mich looked at him for more information but none came.
"If its automated then that means something is wrong with the crew." Mich said, "It could be sickness, Baylies Cough has been going around I herd."
"Were to far out for that, Tailors ship was a energy shipper anyway, no food stuffs to get contaminated."
"Air lock failure then? They could all be sitting the emern pods."
"It's a modified Cardassian freighter, the locks are good, but that is a possibility." Metler thought for a while, "Tailor never had run out this way, why was he here. Come on, we need to find the Andorian." They headed for the door, on the way out Metler triggered power downed and locked for Wells.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

M'Real was concerned about why the captain called her to his ready room. When she got there she listened as the captain explained his conversation with Rochey. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"The thing with my 'security test' was actually a cover up for a classified matter. You can contact Admiral Norington for confirmation. I do however, apologize for not informing you first." M'Real continued, "as for the transmission to my mother, it was to tell her that classified information might be compromised by Rochey's new security measures. And they do consider him a security threat despite your reassurances."

"Did you support my opinion? Wait, did you say your mother?" asked Captain Fletcher, who knew that M'Real's opinion as a neutral party might help convince her superiors.

"Yes sir to the first. No sir to the second. I don't trust Tholians," said M'Real.

"So, who's your mother?" asked Fletcher.

"Admiral Norington," said M'Real, who was groaning that she had let that slip.

"But she's human."

"I'm adopted," explained M'Real. "In fact that kind of ties in with why I don't trust Tholians."

"A Tholian killed your parents," Fletcher guessed.

M'Real said, "no. Not just my parents. My entire family. My father, all of his wives, all my sisters, and my brother. I was lucky enough to have been staying with a family friend, Norington. She adopted me when we received word that my family's freighter, the Orta Hona, had been destroyed. Their ship was sending a distress signal. They had their navigation and defense systems destroyed by pirates just a few days earlier. Yet some young hotshot destroyed them for accidentally crossing the boarder. And to make it worse the Federation and the Tholian Assembly just swept the incident under the carpet in the interest of galactic peace. I don't even know the name of the one who murdered my family."

"And that's why you're out for blood, so to speak," concluded Fletcher.

M'Real shook her head. "I can't do anything about Rochey. Technically he didn't do anything wrong."

"Well, he did give the order that resulted in Blackstar's wait. Is there anything I should know?" asked Fletcher.

M'Real looked around the room, tapped the necklace hidden under her uniform and then spoke, "what I am about to tell can under no circumstances leave this room. And sure as hell can't reach Rochey's ears. Or whatever he uses to detect sound. This is classified by Admiral Norington herself. Do you understand me?"

Fletcher nodded so M'Real continued, "Blackstar is not dead. In fact shi is currently on a mission sponsored by Starfleet, as a private contractor. Most of this is classified, for various reasons. And if Rochey were to find out Blackstar was alive, and tie hir up with charges, that could become a very big problem for Federation security, due to the mission shi's on. The only reason I'm telling you is because shi trusts you, and I trust hir. Please remember this can not leave this room."

Fletcher nodded in understanding, "I understand. As for harassing Rochey?"

M'Real tapped the necklace again. "That is no longer necessary. While I wouldn't call it harassing he has been dodging my attempts to interview him. However I don't believe I need to anymore as I have a fairly solid picture of what happened from interviewing all other surviving crewman from that mission. I have already come up with my recommendations. Remove Lt. Monroe from duty and confine him to his quarters, due to his environmental needs. Otherwise I would have him put into the brig. And to charge him for murdering Crewman Forester."

"He was probably right to do what he did. I don't say I approve of his methods, but I'm not sure the death of Forester was criminal in nature," said Fletcher, "with the upcoming rescue mission he may be essential for ground combat, if necessary."

"Whether he is a criminal is not for you or me to decide. And after what happened on the last rescue mission?" said M'Real, "There's a reason they say to never turn your back on a Breen. Besides, I believe Lt. Cmd. Mikey has sufficient combat experience to serve in Monroe's position until a permanent replacement is found and/or trained. I should also tell you that this effectively ends my current mission. However I am still at your disposal if you need me."

Fletcher nodded. "Is there anything else?"

"No sir."

Fletcher stood up. "I'd like you to research what you can on the ship we're trying to rescue. You are dismissed."

"Yes sir," M'Real stood up, nodded in respect and left. She knew Captain Fletcher was faced with a task every captain hated. And a difficult task if Monroe resisted.

On her way through the bridge she caught Rochey looking at her. She was having trouble hiding how upset she was about having to explain what happened to her family. With something M'Real believed to be the Tholian's version of a grin, he was assuming she was upset because of what he said to the captain. She stormed off the bridge unable to say anything to him without being out of line.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

As Captain Fetcher mewed over his options he was interrupted, "Commander Rochey to Captain Fetcher, we are coming up on the disabled ship."

The captain nodded to himself Munro would have to be delt with later, "On my way." He stood up and left his confernce room where M'Real and him had been speaking earlier.

The Bangalore and Daystorm flew parallel before splitting off to cover the ship from opposite sides, "Report." The captain ordered as he arrived on the bridge.

"Sir we are reading federation phaser fire..." The sensor officer said in disbelief, "A quantum torpedo detonated in its engine section as well."

"Impossible. Hail the Bangalore." The captain ordered then nodded to his friend as she came on viewer, "Captain Zarateyva, we've detected federation signatures on those weapons."

"We're sensing the same thing." The captain of the Bangalore replied. Pausing a moment to listen to something off screen she turned back to Fetcher looking worried, "Wait a minute, something's coming up on long range sensors."

Fetcher ordered the sensors offier to replace Zarateyva with what sensors are picking up. "Sir it appears to be five Thorlian warships on an intercept course. They're hailing us, audio only."

Fetcher waved for it to come in sitting down in his char, "For violation of agreement to enter Assembly Space peacefully with mal contempt for our laws by destroying the civilian cargo ship you are ordered to stand down or be fired on."

The crew went silent and looked to the captain on both Federation vessels. "Switch us to the Bangalore," Fetcher ordered, "Zarateyva what do you make of this? Sounds like a set up to me."

"Same here. They'll be in weapons range in under a minute captain. Red alert." Zarateyva closed transmission and began to position her ship in an attack pattern.

"Sir?" The helmsman asked looking back to Captain Fetcher.

Fetcher hesitated a moment, "Red Alert, bring us around for an attack pattern."

As both federation ships prepared to face off against the Assembly vessels not too far away under the guise of a Romulan cloaking device a small heavily modified, Federation Freedom class vessel waited in silence. The Fifth Collumn sat in darkness under minimum systems.

"Sir, the Assembly ships are preparing to open fire on the Federation vessels." The science officer reported.

"Good." An elder male smiled barbed teeth. A long scar ran along his face that he had never fully healed as a reminder of his wives and cubs lost to the Tholian invaders along ago. Starfleet instead had made peace with the scum. "Do not fear the upcoming battle my friends." The captian spoke out quietlyl to the crew, "Two ships put on the alter of freedom is a small price for the end of the Tholian Assembly."

Nods and murmurs of agreement were answered from around the bridge of The Fifth Collumn. "For freedom!" The captain raised his fist as his followers repeated. Meanwhile the battle was joined.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Mikey frowned at his console, trying to force a solution from the panel into his brain. The intrigue and politics he'd encountered aboard this ship had dulled his warrior's mentality. Finally the idea came to him - if the Daystrom or the Bangalore didn't fire on the freighter, he simply had to find who did. "Commander - can you buy us a few minutes from your cousins?"

30 seconds, came the curt reply transmitted directly to Mikey's antennae. As Rochey began to declaim his authority and position in the Assembly to the Tholian task force, Mikey began reversing the warp field vector sensor modifications which had been done when he first came aboard. ''McKenzie," he called into his comm badge, "realign the subspace array to detect a warp sustainer trail. Now!"

''You should have it... now, sir," came McKenzie's reply. Mikey quickly found what he needed. ''Captain - I think I've got an answer but I need three torpedoes," he said.

''Go ahead," answered Fletcher, "but this had better be good."

"Commander, forward this sensor detail to the Tholians," said Mikey as he transferred the data to the command console, then called out a set of coordinates as he set them at the tactical station. ''Spread of three, lowest yield, 25 km off that mark at 12, 3, and 9 o'clock."

"That's off target, W'trisk," said Captain Fletcher, checking Mikey's sensor readings at his own console.

"I know... firing," answered Mikey as Rochey pivoted toward him. NOW, transmitted the commander as fighters began to launch from the Tholian ships. Suddenly the three torpedoes detonated in seemingly empty space, highlighting the previously unseen hull of a Freedom-class destroyer. ''Federation Freedom-class, but she's got a blank transponder signal. She's sure as the three hells not Starfleet," reported Mikey as he began transporting the unknown ship's occupants to the brig. ''Tell the Tholians that she's all theirs!" Rochey sent the message, and the Tholian vessels began to pour disrupter fire into the Freedom-class.

As the destroyer's single nacelle broke away from her saucer, Mikey turned to Captain Fletcher. ''Her crew is in the brig, sir," reported Mikey with a lopsided grin as the destroyer's warp plasma engulfed its main hull in a spectacular explosion. Looking down at his console, Mikey's grin grew wider as he said, ''Sir? The Tholians wish to express their appreciation for our assistance."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Darel sat, watching in awe as the Freedom class starship was enveloped in a spectacular explosion. The hull was consumed by fire, seeping through all of the hull panels. The warp core blew, spreading a all-consuming light through space.
Commander W'Trisk's solution was quite clever. It would be curious to know what gave him the idea. The Tholians expressed their appreciation with a simple audio message. The shrill voice of the Crystalline creature wrang through the room.
"Thank you for your timely assistance, Captain. And for preventing a war." With that, the message ended and the flight of Tholian vessels came about, leaping into a high warp.
"Hmm. Nice to know we're appreciated. Open a channel to the Bangalore." a sequence of bleeps signalled an open channel.
"Tanya...I trust you got their message?" She nodded with a wry smile. "Good...and thanks for coming with us...Adds a bit more weight to our situation. I expect you'll be returning to the Federation."
"Correct, Captain."
"Well good travels to you."
"And to you." She smiled deeply. The channel cut. And the Bangalore leapt into warp.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Munro meanwhile had assembled most of the security team outside of the brig. Quite simply the amount of prisoners inside was vastly more than what the brig was designed to hold. In holding cells designed for one or two people twenty-five stood packed into standing room only.

The Freedom Class ship had only been slightly under staffed and so the Daystorm's population had nearly been doubled. A medic came up to Boush as he looked over the situation. Moaning and crying was coming from the prisoners nearest to him constantly pressed against the force field. More prisoners who didn't actually fit into the cells were huddled in the corner under armed guards.

"We can't keep the prisoners crammed in like this, already the waste products are reaching unethical levels." The medic complained.

"Ensign." Munro said turning to one of his security officers, "Grab what help you can and begin retrofitting a cargo bay into a prison. I want it emptied, sonic showers in place, waste treatment centers, and catwalks for armed guards to patrol. You have three hours." The ensign nodded and ran off to complete the job. "Satisfied?" Munro asked the human medic.

"You didn't say anything about beds or food processors or fresh clothing!" The medic complained.

"That's why we have such capable medical crew members like yourself. Get it done now." Boush said in a tone that showed no room for differing opinions.

Boush walked up to one of the prisoners outside the force fields, grabbing the furred creature by the huff of his collar he hoisted the freignted prisoner to his feet using Boush's hand. "Now, come with me we have some questions." Turning to the medic he continued, "Inform Commander Rochey I will be beginning interrogation. Please send a cleanup crew in a few hours." Boush dragged the freightened creature out of the room. He had no intention on torturing the man but Federation rules were a little gray on hinting at torture."
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

"Dr. Taal, I must speak with you."
"It is terrible indeed, so many prisoners rescued from the planet and now the entire crew complement of a Freedom class."
"I believe it is a wise precaution if you would put your comateuse patient back into stasis for a while, because the space created on holodeck 2 would be needed, as you would understand."
"Off course, Andrew, you are right. I'll get to it in a few minutes, after preparing a 'sarcophagus' for the boy. I'll put him back int cryostasis until relieved. I might even consider him being transferred to a different ship or station when we enter Federation territory."
"Sarin, I give you 3 hours to prepare the boy and all assorted containment measures, but after that, I want that holodeck EMPTY AND READY FOR EXTENSIVE USE. Just to make myself clear. I am afraid we will have to put science aside for survival."
"Yes, Andrew."
"That will be all, Sarin."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Rochey sighed as he read through yet another complaint from the ship's medical personel. Ever since they'd captured the crew of that pirate vessel, the medical officers hadn't shut up about the conditions the prisoners were being kept in. He'd finaly given up trying to brush their complaints off, and allowed them the use of one of the cargo bays to house prisoners in. That would at least free up some of the space in the brigs, which were still fairly crowded.
Still, despite his generosity in giving the prisoners some more room, the medics had still not stopped complaining. The moment the prisoners had been moved, the medical officers began demanding things like clothes, beds, etc. At this rate, the prisoners would be more comfortable here than they had been on their own ship.

The question of who they were and what they were doing still remained, however, and that was a question that the Commander was quite interested in finding the answer to. So when he recieved notification from Lieutenant Munro that he was going to begin his interogation of one of the crew of the pirate ship, Rochey replied with a short comunique telling the Breen to wait until he got down there himself.

After delegating command of the bridge to one of the officers, Rochey headed down to the office Munro had apropriated for the interogation. The room itself was small, containing only a desk and two chairs, and dimly lit. One of the pirate crew, a Caitan, sat in the chair facing the door, its hands handcuffed together, staring resolutely at the opposite wall.
Acknowledging Munro, who was standing to the side with a phaser rifle in his hands, with a brief nod, Rochey walked directly up to the Caitan.

"Who are you?" Rochey asked bluntly.
The Caitan didn't respond, indeed it didn't even give any indication he'd heard the question, and remained staring at the wall.

"What are you doing in Tholian space?" The Commander asked.
Still no answer.

"Why were you praying on civilian ships? Did you have any associate ships? Who were you working for? Where was your base of operations?" Rochey tried all of these questions one after the other, but still the Caitan gave no indication that anyone had spoken.

"Can you even speak English, or is the ability to learn a simple language beyond your mental grasp?" The Commander snapped, growing irritated at the lack or responses. This time, however, the Caitain did reply.

"Oh, I can speak English just fine, Tholian." It replied, still staring stubbornly at the wall.

"Ah, good. I don't suppose you feel like answering any of my questions, do you?"

"Nope." The Caitan retorted, still staring at the wall.

"Didn't think so." Rochey replied, and then changed the course of the conversation. "Tell me; did any of our ship's medical officers check you for injuries yet?" The sheer randomness of the question got the Caitan's attention, and the prisoner finaly looked around at the Commander.

"No, your security officer here dragged me off before any of your medics could get to me. Why? I doubt you particularly care about my health."

"Your health? No, not particularly. Though it is unfortunate that you weren't seen to. Who knows what sort of injuries you may have." Rochey commented vaguely. The Caitan snorted and rolled its eyes.

"I feel fine, thanks."

"Oh, you may feel fine now. But you see, adrenaline has a way of suppresing pain in some cases. And everything you've been through would certainly have gotten the adrenaline into your system. You may very well leave this room feeling pain from wounds you may not have known you had before. Internal trauma, bruising, broken bones, electrical burns, there's really a lot of ways to get injured during combat. A starship is a dangerous place at times. It's just a shame you didnt' get treatment for any of these injuries before coming here."

"I told you, I don't have any......" The Caitan began irritably, but then stiffened as he began to realise what was being suggested. "Wait, you can't do that!"

"Oh, I'm not going to do anything at all to you." Rochey replied. "All I'm doing is making conversation. And all I'm going to do is hand things over to Lieutenant Munro here, as I'm sure he's far more experienced in interogation techniques than I am. Unless, of course, you feel like answering my questions?" Rochey added as he turned to leave. The Caitan returned to staring at the wall, though was visibly rather worried. Rochey simply shrugged.

"Well, have it your way then." He replied, and then turned to Munro. "Lieutenant, I am hereby handing over this interogation to you. You are permitted to use any methods you wish to get information. Within reason, that is. Inform me of anything you learn, and return the prisoner to the brig when you've finished. Understood?" Munro replied only with a brief nod.
"Very well then. I look forward to seeing what progress you can make, Lieutenant." Rochey finished, and left the small room.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"So the Federation let the Breen in now?" The Caitain asks nervously shifting in his chair.

"That's right." Munro said as he walked slowly behind the Caitain. "Unfortantly its difficult to get promotted when you keep fragging your underlings for not obeying."

"Imagine that." The rebel mumbled under his breath.

"Wonder if I'll be busted back to ensign after this." Munro shrugged then tightly gripped the hair of the Caitain pulling his head painfully backwards to expose his neck. "I figure I'll give you one chance before I begin working on you to cooperate. I will pernamently disfigure and harm you if it will scare your allies into helping. Tell me who your leader is and what your organization is."

When the Caitain refused to answer Munro held up a small handheld plasma torch and let the flame close to the furred rebel's face. The fire reflecting in its cat-like eyes. The rebel's only response was an audiable gulp.

"So be it." Munro said letting go of the Caitain's hair and grabbing his hand, pulling it and twisting it backwards to bend it out of shape and forcing the rebel to fall to his knees Munro trailed the plasma torch along the exposed arm. Hair instantly lit up as the flesh began to blister and boil blood congealing just below the skin as the Caitain let loose a horrific scream. Once Munro had given the Caitain first degree burns along his arm he kicked the rebel in the back and pulled backwards on the hand more. A loud crack was heard as the arm was twisted past its breaking point and the bone fractured.

The sobbing Caitain yelled, "Please I'll talk I'll talk."

"I told you I don't care if you talk or not, you've got five hundred friends who I will make sure see your body. Computer lock doors. Security Chief Munro Alpha-Niner-Omega." Once the computer had acknowledged the Breen turned his attention back to his prey.

Taking a step forward his metal boots stepped on the brused fingers of the rebel. The torch hovering over the Caitain's trembling body. "Now where were we?"

Five hours later Munro returned to Commander Rochey. "Unfortantly the prisoner is unable to communicate anymore. He's in intensive care in the sick bay... after I led the sobbing creature in front of the brig for his allies to see. I had to tell my underlings where I was going of course."

The commander's surprise could be seen past his environmental suit. "I said within means."

"I believe the information I gathered justified the 'enchanced interrogation'. Once I had broken him he told me his name, his captain's name. The base they've come from which is on our side of the boarder with only us and the Bangalore near enough to reach it in a reasonable amount of time. They've commited half a dozen of these attacks from this ship alone and I believe they are responsible for the Federation ship that went missing."

"Impressive." Rochey looked through the pictures taken of the maimed mammel. "Any word on their motive?"

"Yes sir. Which brings me to an interesting family history of one of our crew members and who the Caitain identified as their leader. Its in the report." The Breen stood at attention while Rochey reviewed the report. "One more thing sir? Requesting that you purge the bit about the enchanced interrogation and instead tell the Captain I should take a course in idenfitifying injuries to avoid making the mistake of bragging an injured prisoner again. The medical staff weren't happy."

Rochey would have smirked if he was able to.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

M'real sat uncomfortably in the seat Mikey offered. ''Thank you," she said hesitantly as Mikey handed her a tall, narrow tumbler of Andorian ale.

''It's the real stuff - I brought it from home," said Mikey. Changing his tone, he said, ''Let me be frank. I've asked you here to try and clear the air. Our thoughts may be different but our goals should be the same. First, to good news and cooperation," he said as he raised his glass. When M'real did likewise and took a small sip, he continued, "And to comm access. Due to the current situation, and its bearing on our mission, access will be through me - but it will be unlimited."

"Thanks," sighed M'real, taking a longer pull at her drink. ''Small steps, right? Thanks for that, at least."

"Thank the crystal commander, actually," came the reply. M'real arched her eyebrows in disbelief, but said nothing. Mikey sat down opposite the Caitian, looked at her squarely, and said, ''If I may continue to be frank with you - what are you doing here? I mean, I know you've begun an investigation and made some recommendations, but I can't fathom why that would fall to Starfleet Intelligence. Perhaps a personal interest in the subject of recent events...?" Answered with nothing but M'real's stony stare, Mikey continued, ''Very well. Can you at least tell me how shi is?"

An earnestness in the Andorian's tone made M'real think for a moment. Perhaps W'trisk had enough invested to be trustworthy after all. ''No... I'm afraid I haven't been in contact. But what I can tell you is that Starfleet Intelligence is certainly interested in the outcome of your mission."

Mikey leaned forward conspiratorially. ''Then here comes one of the favors which I told you I'd ask of you. Let us complete that mission. I know you find Rochey's and Munro's methods - even species - er... distasteful, but they're our best shot at a definitive conclusion."

''Are you asking me to overlook something which I normally shouldn't?" asked M'real defensively.

''No. And I never would," said Mikey. ''I'm asking you to forego any witch-hunts and to focus on why we're out here."

"I suppose that makes some sense," she replied, "as long as-"

M'real was cut off by a klaxon sounding red alert. Mikey tapped his comm badge and growled, "Bridge! What's going on?"

A nervous-sounding Van Pelt answered, ''Prisoner containment compromised in Cargo Bay 1! 6 or 8 hostiles at large."

''Flood the bay with anesthezine gas, and inform Lt. Munro."

"Anesthezine, sir? We have our own personnel-"

''Do it!" Mikey barked as M'real rose from her seat.

''You can't-"

Mikey cut her off with a warning finger. ''This is one of those times, lt. commander," he said. She began to protest, then relaxed and nodded slightly as he tapped his comm badge again. ''Carson? This is W'trisk. Shut down the damn shuttle bays!"

''Umm... aye, sir."

''Bridge?" Mikey continued. "Tell Munro I'm on my way." He went to grab the Jem'Hadar kar'takin off the wall, shot a glance at M'real, and thought better of it. "I'm afraid I'll have to cut our evening short, madam," he said with a slight grin, and sped out the door.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

"Prisoner containment compromised. Security teams to Deck 14," Came the call from the bridge. Darel, who was currently on deck 12, suspected this was going to happen. It wasn't surprising. With so many of the pirate vessel's crew aboard, it was only a matter of time. Luckily for him, His time in the Cardassian military had taught him all to well how to handle break outs.
He unholstered his phaser, a cardassian model, and powered it to its highest stun setting. Two low ranked security guards were running past him. He pointed to them, and knowing there names, called out.
"Everheart, T'Vannath. I've got a plan come with me," He said, using his rank. They nodded and followed him to the turbolift.
"Deck 13, subsection B 15," He ordered. He would be expelled from the turbolift very near to his goal. The turbolift sped into motion, and promptly stopped seconds later.
"Come on." He said running down the corridor. The Anesthazine gas would get most of them, but around 10% would make it past. There was one main route out of there location. And a convenient plasma conduit.
He came to the display. Working quickly, he used the plasma emitters, and powered up a overloading charge. With any luck, the plasma conduit would overload, and take out the majority of the crew members. Not lethally of course, that would be a tad over the top. Just enough to give them some minor burns.
"Pulse configured. Time to trigger?" The computer asked.
"2 minutes...mark." He ordered. The panel registered the countdown, and then deactivated.
He turned back to the guards.
"Come on. We've got a army of pirates to catch," He said with a wry smile. They portrayed the same smile, and followed him down the corridor..
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Captain Fletcher had been sitting in his ready room sharing a drink with his CSO Commander Teaos when the red alert had sounded. He had formed a closer working relationship with Teaos during the previous mission. They had both been pulling double duties while four members of the senior staff along with several other crew members had gone on an away mission to retrieve the missing humans,

The captain didn't like to show it but the last weeks had really gotten to him. What with several crew deaths, some under very dubious circumstances, an away mission that had quickly spiraled out of control he was just grateful that they had lost as few crew as they did on that one.

Usually he would have shouldered this all him self but his third in command and CSO was coping with nearly as much. What with pulling double command duties on the bridge which he was ill suited for along with all the extra work his department had managed to pull he was looking more than a little run down. The Captains held no illusions about his CSO, this posting was a means to an end and Teaos wanted no part of life on a warship. Still he preformed his duties well and had the respect of the crew, being a more easy going commander especially when compared to the XO he had become a favored officer to work under.

"Captain to bridge, report"

"Sir there appears to be an escape attempt in progress in the Cargo bays, Mikey and several security staff are enrout" The Opps officer informed him as the Captain was already at the door.

"Commander you have the Bridge keep me up dated" He said to Teaos "Ensign have Commander Mikey meet me there" He address the opps officer on bridge.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Rochey grabbed his communicator the moment the red alert sirens started going off.

"This is Commander Rochey to the bridge, what's going on?" There was a brief pause before a harrassed sounding officer who had probably been asked the same thing by everyone on the ship answered.

"Sir, we have reports of an escape attempt among the prisoners in the cargo bays. Commander W'trisk has ordered the area to be flooded with anesthezine gas, though we believe several prisoners have escaped the area."

"Understood. Keep me updated." Rochey replied briskly, and then sent a call to Munro. "Lieutenant, are you there?"

"Here, Sir."

"I take it you know what's going on?"

"Yes Sir, several prisoners have tried to escape."

"Right. Well get your security teams down there now. I want this little insurrection stopped immediately. Any Caitian who isn't unconcious or in a Starfleet uniform is to be shot on sight, I'm giving authorization to shoot to kill. All critical areas are to be placed under heavy guard, and access to those areas is to be restricted. I want the situation brought under control immediately. Understood?"

"Understood Sir." Munro replied.

"Good. See to it, then. Rochey out."
The Commander had been inspecting the Engineering area when the alarms had started blaring, and he wasn't all too pleased. Someone's head was going to roll for this.
Still, the immediate problem to solve would be to get himself out of the firing line ASAP. After taking a short side-trip to an armoury and requisitioning a phaser rifle (which he quickly set to a level high enough to kill a Gorn, let alone a Caitian), he headed up towards the bridge. Any Caitian that was stupid enough to cross his path would be made to regret it.