I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I like it too, just remember that engineering goes up another 2 decks, so there would be ladders and upper levels with consoles and the likes, too.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Thorin wrote:I like it too, just remember that engineering goes up another 2 decks, so there would be ladders and upper levels with consoles and the likes, too.
I'm basing this more on the Galaxy-class engine room than the Sovereign, so everything forward of where the room widens is a single deck, aft of that point it's two. The lateral magnetic segments ave a lot of space.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

Is it too late to join in? I would be Ensign Peabody, certified useless background officer and redshirt, ready to make the ultimate sacrifice so that the senior officers can survive to the next adventure. Basically, I'm joining so I can die horribly. Interested? :P
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

There is an away mission invoving a strike team coming up. You can be a member of that if you want.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Capt. Peabody - you can introduce yourself as "Fodder - Ensign Cannon Fodder."

Just kidding - welcome aboard!
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

There is an away mission invoving a strike team coming up. You can be a member of that if you want.
Only if I get to die...and then appear mysteriously in the next away mission...and then die again. :lol:

The work of a redshirt is never done....
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:Blackstar called helmsman.
Monroe or Celeritas didn't post in either thread, so I'm assuming they either aren't interested or didn't decide what they want to do.

I'm reading the thread now!

I'm thinking Breen to go with Rockey's Thorian. Not sure yet though. Going to read this thread and post who I want to be, it'll be an ensign though since I'm getting into this late.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You should probably PM Teaos for his permission. This is all his idea, after all. :)

And being a Breen would bring an interesting element to it all. I think 'Hewer proposed that the Breen Confederacy and the Tholian Assembly were engaged in a war recently as part of the RPG's semi-canon. That may knock the already iffy tensions on the ship up a bit.
And then there's the fact we'll have two races which are mostly unknown, which gives us the possibility of all sorts of stuff.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Boush Munro
Security
Bio (I'll expand this later):
The start of the Dominion War led to persecution of a political party that had supported open relations with the Federation and many were outcasted. Several of those found their way into Starfleet. Though specist comments and prejudice by many of the Federation accompied them, Federation Law allowed them to join Starfleet. Most were placed in back water systems far from the front but over the years the few hundred were mered more and more with normal crews as the prejudice died down. Reclusive by nature and even more so on ships that historically dislike their kind Boush keeps mostly to himself.

This is assuming Teaos gives me the okay. Fifty points to anyone who can guess where I took his first name from.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Monroe wrote:
Rochey wrote:Blackstar called helmsman.
Monroe or Celeritas didn't post in either thread, so I'm assuming they either aren't interested or didn't decide what they want to do.

I'm reading the thread now!

I'm thinking Breen to go with Rockey's Thorian. Not sure yet though. Going to read this thread and post who I want to be, it'll be an ensign though since I'm getting into this late.
I think you should note that we already have quite a few secondary characters to set up - some may be more willing than others, but you can feel free to take one of my characters. I'm the Tactical chief, and have the following crewmembers:
  • Lieutenant Junior Grade Anker Zionex, a loud mouthed Bolian, who is the leader of the fighter shuttle pilots.
  • Lieutenant Junior Grade Grahame Niles, the second in command of the tactical department, does the same sort of thing as my character but just reports to me.
  • Master Chief Petty Officer Charles Nelson, a warhorse from the first Cardassian war (the one from about 2347 - 2354), is about 60 years old (which isn't that old in ST, Picard was this old in Farpoint, for example), he is in charge of the tactical engineers, so repairs fighter craft, phaser/torpedo maintenance, analysing weapons, etc etc.
  • Ensign Jones - a relief officer, not much used
  • Ensign Gilliteo - a Betazed tactical officer, not much used
  • Ensign Smith - a tactical sensor analysist, has done various odd jobs on the sensors
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Fifty points to anyone who can guess where I took his first name from.
It's the name of the bounty hunter whose identity Leia stole in Return of the Jedi, and to whose helmet the Breen helmets bear an uncanny resemblense.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Monroe wrote:Boush Munro
A Breen called Boush - nice jab. :)

EDIT: and Rochey got his post in seconds before me. :(
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I got better ones for you - fifty pts. EACH for anyone who figures out the origin for my secondary characters' names:

Grr'lek - I just made that one up.

CPO Sharkey - ?

crewmen (haven't graded them yet) Carson, Friedman, and Taylor - all in one group - ?
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sharkey: A pseudonym given to Saruman the White by the Uruk-hai.
Carson: Would this be Carson Becket from Atlantis?
No ideas on the others.