Welcome to the new server

Important stuff, please read before posting
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the new server

Post by IanKennedy »

Well we're here. The DNS is configured and running but it will take a little while for it to role around the word. Probably a day or so if people have configured their DNS to work correctly. At that point the whole thing should then be under my control. If we have problems like the time on the server going wrong then I can fix it easily. Here's to a brave new world for the new year.
email, ergo spam
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Welcome to the new server

Post by Nickswitz »

The circles aren't clickable again... would that have anything to do with the changeover?
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Nickswitz wrote:The circles aren't clickable again... would that have anything to do with the changeover?
It's related to the new forum version. It will return soon.
email, ergo spam
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Other than the circles, no issues here. Even used my cookies.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'm having issues with certain topics having red circles, indicating unread posts on topics that have no new posts. I tried just opening the thread and going to the last post, but that won't get rid of it, any idea what's up?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Lt. Staplic wrote:I'm having issues with certain topics having red circles, indicating unread posts on topics that have no new posts. I tried just opening the thread and going to the last post, but that won't get rid of it, any idea what's up?
That should be fixed now. I had to recreate the imageset for the xmas profile and I mixed up a few of the image links. For example I confused "Topic Locked Posted To" as Topic Locked Unread", basically I forgot that posted to does not mean that someone has posted to the thread, just that you have posted to that thread sometime in the past. Anyway I think I've got them all now.
email, ergo spam
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Also, I believe it was probably related to that, or the unclickable circles, the little read latest new post button didn't appear for some topics.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang