Warning to Deepcrush

Important stuff, please read before posting
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Warning to Deepcrush

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush has been formally warned for using racist language towards Mikey in this thread

Specifically, this:
Deepcrush wrote:Something doesn't fit those jew senses of yours
This sort of language will not be tolerated.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Warning to Deepcrush

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh yay, how fun.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Victory is Life »

First, I will say, Deepcrush, I enjoy posting on this forum with you, probably the most since I have been here, and this is in no way a comment towards you, but a WARNING for anti semitic slanted comment? But a BAN for bickering with a Moderator. I guess I'd rather be Hitler than a nuisance. What a silly, silly forum...
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

You got banned not JUST for arguing with a mod, but for breaking several rules multiple times, than arguing with and being an ass to a mod (in the line of their duty as a mod), again several times. Deep went over the line, he got warned on it, and he, wait for it...didn't argue (not really), and stopped being an ass (err, a complete ass anyway). Hence the warning worked, no banned needed. We're reasonable around here like that.

So just stop bitching already, and go have fun, that's the point around here. If you stop reminding us all of it, we'll forgive and/or forget, and everyone can have a good time.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The very next thread down should clear that up for you: you were warned, and then continued on with the same actions.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Victory is Life »

Technically, as I am new here, I was warned and then banned for the same thing I was warned for, so technically I wasn't even warned. Anyway, just saying, not trying to rock the proverbial boat, but, arguing with Mod<anti semitism.
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Victory is Life wrote:Technically, as I am new here, I was warned and then banned for the same thing I was warned for, so technically I wasn't even warned. Anyway, just saying, not trying to rock the proverbial boat, but, arguing with Mod<anti semitism.
Just because you ignored the warning, doesn't mean you weren't warned.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Being new here is irrelevant. As is what deep said. Crossed the line, got pushed over the line.

You crossed the line repeatedly and got pushed back repeatedly and didn't learn that the green writing authority is absolute. Hence the ban. Anti-semitism, and any form of discrimination, is picked up on based upon the mod's professional discretion. Harsh as it is, around here the mod's reign supreme as regents of the overarching monarchs of DITL: GK and IK.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Jesus Christ. ViL, it's been made more than clear to you why you were temp-banned. If you're still unsure, feel free to PM Graham. I'm sure he'll be happy to explain. But we're not having another discussion about this. If Deep's punishment seems lenient, it's only because he's been here long enough for us all to know that he's not actually a racist - just somewhat prone to making statements that cross the line.

With that, this thread has served it's purpose.

"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Victory is Life wrote:First, I will say, Deepcrush, I enjoy posting on this forum with you, probably the most since I have been here, and this is in no way a comment towards you, but a WARNING for anti semitic slanted comment? But a BAN for bickering with a Moderator. I guess I'd rather be Hitler than a nuisance. What a silly, silly forum...
Stop whining about being punished for being an ass and get on with enjoying your time here. After all I would remind you of rule 1:
Posting here is a privilege, not a right. You are a guest here, and should behave accordingly. If you want to exercise your right to be a jerk, you will find that you will have to do it elsewhere.
and yes I realise that you cannot respond to this in this thread, if you really feel you must respond to this then you can do it off-line in either a PM or an email to me.
email, ergo spam