Phantom Renegade aka Blackstar

Important stuff, please read before posting
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Phantom Renegade aka Blackstar

Post by Graham Kennedy »

We've had our suspicions for a while, and on investigation we have become satisfied that the user known as Phantom Renegade is in fact our old friend Blackstar the Chakat.

We won't go into detail as to how we arrived at this conclusion - not wanting to provide hints to make future attempts more successful. Suffice to say that whilst nothing is 100% certain, we are as close to certain here as we can be. It's beyond a reasonable doubt in our minds, if you want to put it that way.

Since a permanent ban is just that, Phantom Renegade's account has been frozen permanently.

I have little doubt that this thread will become a big discussion of "Is Phantom Renegade really Blackstar?!?!" Feel free to debate that, if you wish, there's no rule against discussing or complaining about admin action. But our minds are made up on the issue and the decision is not reversible.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Phantom Renegade aka Blackstar

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Honestly, I was starting to have my suspicions. Frequent use of "Bow Chicka Bow Wow being one of them.... In retrospecti, I find his chosen S/N oddly appropriate...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

me,myself and I wrote:In retrospecti, I find his chosen S/N oddly appropriate...
Does seem like what one would choose to return from the banned.

(are unbanned like undead? Doesn't matter since both of (his?) accounts are banned now, of course)

I did notice the "Bow chicka bow wow" too, and his frequent posting right out of the bat like he already knew the place
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Well it was sort of expected that he would try to come back at some point - and utterly fail at concealing it -, wasn't it?
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

There are a whole list of reasons as to why we're certain it's him. We (the staff) would rather not go into detail on them, though, as listing all the slip-ups Blackstar made might make it easier to sneak back in at a later date.

You gotta hand it to us, though, we're effecient. It took just three days since he joined for us to reveal his secret identity and boot him. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Okay, I said I wasn't going to get into this, but :

Blackstar just emailed me and confessed that he is indeed Phantom Renegade.

Gotcha :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Wow, we're pretty good. Anyone care to start a Private Investigation company? :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, there's a surprise. I was expecting him to steadfastly deny it. At least now we know for sure.

BTW, how angry was the email? :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Moral of the story - don't f** with the mods.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Not terribly. He took the "I only did it because I was bored, I was going to confess eventually, you're stupid for not catching it sooner and your forum is rubbish" line; puffing his ego as usual.

(Blackstar... you DO care about being locked out. You wouldn't be reading this post if you didn't. And I KNOW you are reading this post, because you can't stay away.)

Anyway, suspicions were first raised VERY early on, but we do err towards giving the benefit of the doubt. We let the evidence accumulate until we were very, very sure.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That and the gratuitous use of setting and baiting traps for him to fall into. :wink:
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Ordinarily, its a nice problem to have - to have people desperate to get in, rather than sending them running for the hills! :)

(though when that person sends the rest of us running for the hills...)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:though when that person sends the rest of us running for the hills...
There's the rub. We don't let people piss on our forum's parade.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Go us.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ah, well then that explains why he planned to sit out of the RP we're thinking about starting.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu