and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Your computer!

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:Now I can chase down a copy of Bridge Commander
Ahem. :pirate:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Arg :mrgreen:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Avast, landlubbers! I'll rebuild me music and movie collection yet! Yarrr. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hey, I've got about 40 hours of music on the jump drive courtasy of limewire 8)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah, I don't get :pirate: stuff, unless I already paid for the program and it's CD has gone bad (I don't pay for things twice) or if the game is no longer available.
I also can never find the sites, so it doesn't really matter. :lol:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Avast ho, ye scurvy dogs! :pirate: has done much for me.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yarrr. :lol:
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

She was me favorite Trek TNG babe, too! Yarr! :lol:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Nothing beats :pirate:
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I've just got myself an Acer Aspire One netbook. Have no real need for one, but since my home PC died my laptop has been standing in for it, and its nice to be able to work and browse from my bed while my laptop sits on my desk.

And since my laptop is now on virtually 24 hours a day, I reckon its gonna blow soon, so I need a back up. I really do get horrid withdrawl when I can't get online.

In reality though, I wanted one because they are cute.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

kostmayer wrote:I've just got myself an Acer Aspire One netbook. Have no real need for one, but since my home PC died my laptop has been standing in for it, and its nice to be able to work and browse from my bed while my laptop sits on my desk.

And since my laptop is now on virtually 24 hours a day, I reckon its gonna blow soon, so I need a back up. I really do get horrid withdrawl when I can't get online.

In reality though, I wanted one because they are cute.
For now, my palm serves my mobile web needs. I'm naturally somewhat limited in what I can do with it, but it's enough to do the basic stuff (and reads my ebooks).

I'm just glad that I've already taken care of all of my real needs over the summer. The timing was great, in light of recent economic news (and the fact that my online work has dried up recently as a consequence) and I was not only able to get $1500 or so of new stuff/upgrades but also the "insurance" afforded by having all new equipment. Now I have the freedom to save what I need to and spend judiciously on whatever "wants" I can afford.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Yeah, I've an XDA which in theory allows me to browse from anywhere, but the size of the screen means its not much good for anything other then picking up emails, and reading (or editing at a pinch) office documents. And reading ebooks :)

The main think I like about my netbook is that I can fire it up and be online with a fully functional PC in under a minute. That, and the fact they're small and cheap means that the computer is becoming more like an appliance. These things really are that small that you can have one lying about on a coffee table or next to your bed and just fire it up when needed.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

We have several computers throughout the house. We had an acer at one point, but the acer power management system screwed the systems over, and made it alot slower. so...we...ah...tried to remove it. and took vital programming with it.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

I have an Acer 19' LCD monitor. Have had no problems with it yet, it's been quite an improvement over the old CRT I had.