Warning to Blackstar

Important stuff, please read before posting
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Warning to Blackstar

Post by Sionnach Glic »

A fair point. But the meaning was, no matter what he intends to throw at me, my opinion is fixed.
And so it should be.

Mark, as I stated on the second page:
He was banned for a combination of everything he's done on this forum. Just off the top of my head, he's already amassed a pretty impressive list of offences:
Continued intellectual dishonesty in virtualy every debate.
Starting a 20 page long flame war in the Daystrom RPG because Thorin took the position he wanted.
Nearly starting a second one in the Gamma thread.
Threatening to hack someone's computer.
Made vague death threats towards a moderator.

Lied about an official warning Ian gave him in a thread where Ian was participating.
Consistantly ignored points brought up by others.
General assholishness.
Open admission to trolling.

The two points in bold (threatening to hack a computer and, depending on where you live, making death threats) are criminal offences.
The four in italics are against board rules.
The rest, particularly the one where he lied about what Ian said in a thread where Ian was posting is just general assholish behaviour.

Really, on most forums any one of those points would have led to a permanent ban. The fact that he stayed long enough to recieve four warnings and a temp-ban actualy shows we've been more than lenient with him.

No matter how much he was politely asked, ordered or warned he refused to adress his behaviour and continued on in the same old manner he did before. Hell, his first act after coming back from his temp-ban was to start bitching about how unfair we were for banning him for making death threats. He's one of those people who just refuses point blank to admit he's in the wrong, regardless of what the subject is. Whether the subject was him forgetting to change the oil in his car, or him defending his insane idea that whales are actualy aliens with uber technology that geneticaly engineered themselves to be able to send subspace messages to their homeworld, he always insisted he was in the right. At one point he even argued stubornly about military matters with Seafort and Kendall, one a military historian and the other a member of the armed forces, and still refused to even consider the possibility that the people he was arguing with might know better than him.

Even considering his recent actions shows his attitude quite clearly.
In the thread where Graham eventualy got p*ssed and called for a ban, Blackstar actualy had some strong support from forum members against his ban. At least four, perhaps more, members stated openly that they were against it. What does Blackstar do? He immediately proves what all the mods and admins had been saying was true, by arguing with Graham, blatantly lying to Ian about something Ian himself wrote, treating it as though it were a court case and arguing that he didn't understand the definition of "jerk".
Despite that there was still some support for him when he did inevitably get banned. Yourself, Tsu, Reliant, Hal and (surprisingly) Deep all stated they were against the ban. What does Blackstar do? He destroys whatever support and respect still remained for him on the board by ranting against DITL and threatening revenge against us. When I pointed out what he was doing to the rest of the board, he immediately removed the articles in question and began making his profile private, so we couldn't view it. His last action, which you can see further up the page, consisted of him once again lying about what happened (still convinced he did nothing wrong) and making a personal attack against Reliant; someone who had continualy expressed his support for Blackstar.

Put simply: he's one of those people who just won't change. I've met plenty of them in my life, and he's a perfect example of one. We could let him back onto the board this time next year and I'd put real money on him bitching about how wrong we were to ban him being his first act after coming back.

Now, after reading that, answer me this one question: are we really any worse off with him gone?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Word^
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

No
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

No? explain? :?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think he was anwering my question:
Now, after reading that, answer me this one question: are we really any worse off with him gone?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

oh right.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Rochey wrote:I think he was anwering my question:
Correct. I can no longer defend Blackstars position.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

As I said: Blackstar shot himself in the foot. He had a solid core of support for him here after his banning, and he p*ssed it away with his infantile behaviour.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Nutso wrote:For the Emperor?
Don't encourage him.

GLORY FOR THE EMPEROR!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Its almost a shame since I wasted time speaking against a ban. :lol:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, that was rather a shock.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Its not so much that it was chakat. Its that I don't like the idea of banning. Since it means I'll never get to blast chakat in another debate. I like to make fun of people for doing stupid things. Lately, many here on the forum have caught onto this factor and have been making an effort to avoid giving me room to do so. Chakat was one of the few who never did catch onto this. It was a great joy knowing I would have a endless supply of remarks to hammer someone with. Now I just have to go back to killing rochey. :(
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Well everyone seems to have aired their thoughts and moved on.

So lets get back to doing what we do best.

How about that 8472 aye?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

:bangwall:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I can't believe Chakotay made out with one. How gross what that???