email Notifications

Important stuff, please read before posting
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

email Notifications

Post by Graham Kennedy »

We seem to be having a problem with the email notification system at the moment. When a topic is put on notify, we are getting email alerts turning up many days late. We're not sure how widespread a problem this is, it would be good if you would let us know in this thread if it's something you have experienced so we could get an idea of whether it's confined to one or two people or a widespread thing.

Not sure what we can do about it, because the emails do seem to be going out on time, they're just getting held up on the way. But we'll do what we can.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: email Notifications

Post by Mark »

GrahamKennedy wrote:We seem to be having a problem with the email notification system at the moment. When a topic is put on notify, we are getting email alerts turning up many days late. We're not sure how widespread a problem this is, it would be good if you would let us know in this thread if it's something you have experienced so we could get an idea of whether it's confined to one or two people or a widespread thing.

Not sure what we can do about it, because the emails do seem to be going out on time, they're just getting held up on the way. But we'll do what we can.
It's happening to me.......yesterday I had almost 200 emails from this site...................most of them couple of days old :o
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I had mentioned to you and Ian that I wasn't getting notifications at all - as it turned out it was this very same problem.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I usually only get notices on PM's but haven't gotten any lately
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

...though I have received PM's
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I've been having a similar problem to this. Emails are popping up from days ago.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I've had it for a while, but its normally bout an hour delay.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

I have received an email notice of a PM I recently received, on time - though the previous email notices are still missing
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I suspect the server repairs have fixed the issue, at least for a while
email, ergo spam
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I don't think I've ever gotten an email from this site. Is it something you have to turn on?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Monroe wrote:I don't think I've ever gotten an email from this site. Is it something you have to turn on?
Yes, if you click watch topic or watch forum at the bottom of the respective pages you get sent an email when there are new posts on that topic or form.
email, ergo spam
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Could you remove email notice? I don't really need them.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Deepcrush wrote:Could you remove email notice? I don't really need them.
You go into your user control panel (at the top of the screen) and click manage subscriptions on the left of the initial tab. You can remove them there.
email, ergo spam