Warning to Cpl Kendall

Important stuff, please read before posting
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Warning to Cpl Kendall

Post by Graham Kennedy »

An official warning has been issued to Cpl Kendall for posting a picture in a thread attacking another member.

In his defence, I want to make clear that Kendall had already deleted the picture before I got to it; he could have left me hanging with nothing to complain about, but he voluntarily chose to send me a link to it, knowing that it was out of line and would draw sanction. It was an honourable and classy action.

I also want to point out that there was a lot of sniping in that thread. Most especially, while ChakatBlackstar did stay JUST within the posting rules, when you are accusing somebody of photoshopping family photos and forging documents to lie about his life, you are guilty of assholery. While it is Kendall who stepped over the line and drew the warning, it's not like there isn't blame to spread around.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Warning to Cpl Kendall

Post by Aaron »

Not sure if a reply is required or not:

The warning is accepted and understood.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'll take some blame for my suggestion of posting a picture; Kendall did almost exactly what I suggested. I apologize for getting so annoyed.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Is "assholery" a real word?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I'm the owner, I can use whatever words I like. :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well, if it's not a real word, it should be.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

hmmm.. I dont mean to be rude or anything, and warn me if you need to, but is it just me or is BlackStar almost always involved...in some way?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Reliant121 wrote:hmmm.. I dont mean to be rude or anything, and warn me if you need to, but is it just me or is BlackStar almost always involved...in some way?
Current decision stands but we will be watching.
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Perhaps. But at this juncture, I say just start with a blank slate. I've had opposing views with both Kendall and Blackstar, and in both cases we've subsequently been able to converse cordially.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

i wasnt suggesting action be taken against Blackstar...i was more....thinking aloud.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Reliant121 wrote:hmmm.. I dont mean to be rude or anything, and warn me if you need to, but is it just me or is BlackStar almost always involved...in some way?
I think the only two incidents of warnings actually being issued(that I know of) involved both myself and Kendall, although last time we were both in trouble.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I think the only two incidents of warnings actually being issued(that I know of) involved both myself and Kendall, although last time we were both in trouble.
There were also warnings issued after the drama between Mikey and Thorin, although I think Reliant was referring to the more general trend that when excrement and oscillator meet, you're often right in the middle of it.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Ghetto edit: Is it just me, or is the quote function only working for the admins?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote: There were also warnings issued after the drama between Mikey and Thorin, although I think Reliant was referring to the more general trend that when excrement and oscillator meet, you're often right in the middle of it.
Oh, I didn't know warnings were actually issued. I thought Thorin withdrew on his own. The irony of being in the middle of trouble is that in RL I'm usually the peacemaker.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Oh, I didn't know warnings were actually issued. I thought Thorin withdrew on his own.
He did - the warnings were issued as well.
The irony of being in the middle of trouble is that in RL I'm usually the peacemaker.
*snorts* I'll believe that when I see it.