i'm so sorry... condolences Ian
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Graham

Post by Monroe »

I had missed this. Ian you have my deepest condolences. Graham was a good guy and had a great imagination. For the few years I was very active on this forum I thought (most of us) were becoming close friends. I still remember in 2002 sending an email to Graham about Star Trek v Star Wars and having an exchange with him. Such a sudden loss. I've worked a lot with cancer patients the last few years, it's such a heart breaking disease and it saddens me that it claimed another life.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Alexbright99 »

I was shocked to find out about his passing. My sincerest condolences.

When I became interested in the world of Star Trek, about two decades ago now, it didn’t take long for me to find this site. I’ve spent many an hour scouring its content, and it has remained a rich source of well-researched and well-written information.

I still go back to his reviews of the shows and movies regularly, and his work on the starship technical data and comparison charts have always intrigued me and helped me a great deal with my past and current Star Trek stories. In fact, I was just visiting the site to refresh my knowledge of the Sovereign-class vessel’s armament when the news update caught my attention.

Throughout the years, his work has been a constant factor in my love for Star Trek.

And for that, I am very grateful.
Last edited by Alexbright99 on Tue May 19, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernd
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Post by Bernd »

Dear Ian,

I just saw this and it came as a shock.

I haven't been here in a couple of years. And I think I haven't talked to Graham in a long time either. Anyway, Graham was among the people I met on the still young internet, some time around 1998. He had just launched DITL and I had just launched EAS. We talked about several things from web design over common goals to people we like or dislike. We were on a parallel course for as long as 22 years, sometimes converging a bit more than at other times. He has been present in some way all the time even though the common projects date back many years. It is a pleasure to visit DITL and to see that people still care about the Star Trek franchise in a way that has become rare, in a way that goes beyond posting random stuff. I don't know if and how you will be able to carry on. But with or without an active website, I will never forget what Graham's example (well, and a certain competition at times ;-)) meant to me.

Please accept my deepest condolences! I wish you the strength to mourn and then move on whenever you feel like that.
Black Jesus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Black Jesus »

That's so sad. A terrible loss--my condolences for your family and you.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm sorry I've only just seen this Ian. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

This website provided me with one hell of an outlet when I was a young, precocious and irritating teenager. I was never one for big social circles an rather an outcast when I child but this site, run by the Kennedy brothers, gave me a friendbase across the world at a time I really needed. I owe an awful lot of my formative self to having this outlet and I shall forever be thankful for it.

Rest in Peace.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Thank you all for your kind words. Graham would be touched, as am I.
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Ian I am sorry I just saw this. Life has been hectic. Graham, this site and everyone has been so important to me for so long. My life has changed so much, and I can honestly say I wouldn’t be here where I am, and the person I am with out what Graham and yourself achieved.

I never meet him, but I considered Graham a friend. I had many exchanges with him that I will value.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

I haven't been around in a long, long time either, but, Ian, having just discovered the news myself, I can only offer you and your family my deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences. Between the two of you, you built an environment enjoyed by so many, and in very much the style and spirit of the TV shows that brought us together in the first place. May Graham rest in perfect peace.

Teaos, the guy from New Zealand? Thanks for bringing this to my attention via the Facebook group.

My warmest regards to you all, old and new members.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Graham's funeral service took place today at a local crematorium. It was a simple service and went well. We will be collecting his ashes in the next few days and will scatter him in our garden with his mother.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:09 pm Graham's funeral service took place today at a local crematorium. It was a simple service and went well. We will be collecting his ashes in the next few days and will scatter him in our garden with his mother.
I still don't know what to say. He will be remembered.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Startrekanmore
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Startrekanmore »

I grieve with thee.