Hooray for Trek Stupidity!

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Hooray for Trek Stupidity!

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

If the writers weren't complete morons, we wouldn't have nearly as much to talk about and this place would be a lot less interesting. :lol:

Who's with me? Let's celebrate!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Hooray for bad writing! :D Otherwise, I wouldn't be so assured of my eventual success in the field.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Meh - we've had plenty of debates that don't revolve around writer stupidity, and I'd rather have good discussions about good sci-fi than simply spend time trying to rationalise said stupidity.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'll agree with Seafort there. In fact, were the episodes well made we might have even more to talk about.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Heh, I guess I've just gotten a lot of mileage from talking about problems lately. This was kind of a spur-of-the-moment post, if you'll excuse me. :)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I've seen every damn episode of Next Generation at least 10 times a pop. I've seen every Deep Space Nine and Voyager at least once. Most of TOS/Enterprise. And I can count on both hands the number of times that I've actually been offended by the stupidity of the writing enough to want to complain about it. For the shows to do what they've done is astonishing. I find the writing discrepancies to be more curious than annoying or offensive.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

What the hell? Is this a celebration for Star Trek being utterly illogical? Count me in!