‘Star Trek’: Nickelodeon Near Deal For Kids Animated Series

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

‘Star Trek’: Nickelodeon Near Deal For Kids Animated Series

Post by Nutso »

https://deadline.com/2019/02/star-trek- ... 202556681/
Alex Kurtzman and CBS TV Studios have set the latest extension of the Star Trek TV franchise. Nickelodeon is in negotiations for a Star Trek animated series from Emmy-winning writers Kevin and Dan Hageman (Trollhunters, Ninjago), CBS TV Studios and Kurtzman’s studio-based Secret Hideout banner.

Penned by the Hageman brothers, the animated series is targeted at younger audiences. Because of that, it would be the first new Star Trek project outside of CBS All Access, which has an adult focus.

The project, whose concept is not being revealed, is envisioned as a major tentpole series for Nickelodeon under its new president Brian Robbins. It also marks a collaboration between Viacom and CBS Corp companies that likely will become corporate siblings as their parents are headed to a merger.
Valiant?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: ‘Star Trek’: Nickelodeon Near Deal For Kids Animated Ser

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I'm gonna go with cautious optimism here.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I like this idea, under the following conditions:

1) It has to be true to the original Trek. I don't mean having to be dead-on with canon, but it should be more exploration and "use our brains before our phasers" than a giant battle fest.

2) It needs to be whimsical like TAS, which as a children's series, it should be. I'd rather it risk bordering on the absurd a la "The Infinite Vulcan" than risk turning it into something dark like "Clone Wars"

3) Don't spit on TOS and the predecessors by making everything ultra-advanced or have the writers turn their noses up to the "primitive" TOS the way the Discovery show runners seem to have
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

What's the most popular animated show that currently exists? Because I'll bet that this will be like that.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:What's the most popular animated show that currently exists? Because I'll bet that this will be like that.
Spongebob Squarepants in space?
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:What's the most popular animated show that currently exists? Because I'll bet that this will be like that.
Just crazy enough to work!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nutso wrote:
There we go!

Actually I was thinking more adultish, or at least teenish. Probably those Star Wars animated ones, like Clone Wars?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Nutso wrote:
There we go!

Actually I was thinking more adultish, or at least teenish. Probably those Star Wars animated ones, like Clone Wars?
Or Trollhunters, produced by Guillermo del Toro and the main character was voiced by the late Anton Yelchin.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Dragon Ball?

Hmm having Piccolo as Spock might work. Yamcha as the weekly red shirt guy. Goku as Kirk with Chi Chi as the yeoman slapping him. Tien as Scotty. Vegeta as McCoy would be interesting. Oh! Bulma as Nurse Chapel! Gohan as Chekov. Future Trunks as Sulu. Master Roshi as a Admiral.

Might work....
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"