Fix an Episode with 1 Change

Trek Books, Games and General chat
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Fix an Episode with 1 Change

Post by McAvoy »

bladela wrote:
McAvoy wrote:From what I understand the E-D was designed without any insight on how the model could be mounted and how awkward it would be.

So I think the E-D was really destroyed so they can have a new ship that was easier to shoot. Or at least part of it.

The Vorcha model was detailed from what we see on TNG and I think it wouldn't have been much of a problem just repainting it maybe adding a few things to it.
it is plausible ... of course, in view of the massive use of CGIs of subsequent films, it was a waste (even though I love the Ent-E)
Don't know the source of it but I have heard it repeated many times about the E-D model. I think that is also part of the reason why they made a 4 ft model later on but I am not sure.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

I remember too.
But if I'm not mistaken, First Contact models were not used, so the problem was irrelevant (of course, it's not so easy to predict this development when they made Generations)
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

I’ll probably get some rubbing for this but everyone recalls the Nemesis Argo? Well...
https://youtu.be/_ExEt8if6KY

8-)
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

00111010 01000100 wrote:I’ll probably get some rubbing for this but everyone recalls the Nemesis Argo? Well...
https://youtu.be/_ExEt8if6KY

8-)
Oh, no. That indeed makes it better. :D