Picard Leads "Radically Altered" Life - Alex Kurtzman

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picard Leads "Radically Altered" Life - Alex Kurtzman

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Mikey wrote:If it’s to be a radically-altered Picard, why have it be Picard?
DIng ding ding, we have a winner.

I fear that this will wind up being Luke Skywalker again. Yes, a character should change and evolve in a couple of decades... but not in the fundamentals. Not so it's basically a different character.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Mikey wrote:If it’s to be a radically-altered Picard, why have it be Picard?
Because we will purchase CBS All-Access to see Trek's second most popular Captain return to TV, versus some new guy.

Also I feel the "radically altered" part is overblown. I don't know if Alex Kurtzman was ever a Star Trek fan. I know his former writing partner, Roberto Orci, was the Star Trek guy in JJ Abrams' crew. So if Kurtzman says, Picard is "radically altered," he probably has no fucking idea what he's talking about. "Picard has a goatee" is probably a radical alteration for Kurtzman.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Nutso wrote:Picard has a goatee
So... MU Picard, then?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Mikey wrote:
So... MU Picard, then?
thereby connecting Discovery to TNG!
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Nutso wrote:
Mikey wrote:
So... MU Picard, then?
thereby connecting Discovery to TNG!
Let's double down and go really dark... Wesley comes back to human form, bitter and addicted to suck salt, having revealed he was actually molested by The Traveler, who only shifted from one reality to the next to find new victims. Can't be any worse than what we're gonna see with the Discovery spin-offs...
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:
So... MU Picard, then?
Or Karla.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Picard show is a limited series.
With post-production of season 2 of “Discovery” nearly complete, Kurtzman is turning his immediate focus to the limited series that will revisit the character of Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, played by Patrick Stewart.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

And a 'limited series' is what, exactly?

A miniseries?

A one season wonder?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

A self-fulfilling prophecy?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mikey wrote:A self-fulfilling prophecy?
This made me chuckle... well done, sir.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

let's have picard have developed the Irumodic Syndrome just like in All Good Things?

He left the starfleet because of the disease, which in this reality, thanks to the warning of Q, is much more managed and has not made it a "complete crazy", but still weighs on him
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Someone's speculation

In today's episode of Truth OR Myth we take a look at another hypothesis for what the Upcoming New Picard series could be ALL about, and that would be the State of The Romulan Empire. Hope you enjoy!
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

REPORT: Star Trek Picard Spinoff Gets First Character Breakdowns
In addition to Picard, the series will feature seven characters: Connie, Lawrence, Starton, Dr. Smith, K'Bar, Indira and Alana. Connie is described as an African-American woman in her early 30s. She lost her husband and has a death warrant on her head from her home planet. She is also a mercenary pilot. Lawrence is also in his 30s and is described as someone with a "dodgy moral compass." The character, who is a thief, will pilot the ship Picard takes on his mission. The breakdown hints that he might not be trustworthy. Starton is "terrified of space" and specializes in "positronic brains." He is interested in the research part of Picard's mission. He is, like his three compatriots, in his early 30s. Lawrence and Starton are said to be of "any ethnicity."

The other four characters are described as follows. Dr. Smith is a hologram who helps the crew and is programmed to constantly learn but never to become "too self-aware." He may be an upgrade to the series' Emergency Medical Holograms. Another character is K'Bar, a 17-year-old Romulan martial artist who is extremely devoted to Picard. The final two characters are Indira, a smart but socially inept woman in her early 20s, and Alana, a former intelligence officer with an abusive personality in her mid-40s to 5os. Alana, Indira and Dr. Smith are described as being of "any ethnicity," while that isn't specified for K'Bar.
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Nutso wrote:REPORT: Star Trek Picard Spinoff Gets First Character Breakdowns
In addition to Picard, the series will feature seven characters: Connie, Lawrence, Starton, Dr. Smith, K'Bar, Indira and Alana. Connie is described as an African-American woman in her early 30s. She lost her husband and has a death warrant on her head from her home planet. She is also a mercenary pilot. Lawrence is also in his 30s and is described as someone with a "dodgy moral compass." The character, who is a thief, will pilot the ship Picard takes on his mission. The breakdown hints that he might not be trustworthy. Starton is "terrified of space" and specializes in "positronic brains." He is interested in the research part of Picard's mission. He is, like his three compatriots, in his early 30s. Lawrence and Starton are said to be of "any ethnicity."

The other four characters are described as follows. Dr. Smith is a hologram who helps the crew and is programmed to constantly learn but never to become "too self-aware." He may be an upgrade to the series' Emergency Medical Holograms. Another character is K'Bar, a 17-year-old Romulan martial artist who is extremely devoted to Picard. The final two characters are Indira, a smart but socially inept woman in her early 20s, and Alana, a former intelligence officer with an abusive personality in her mid-40s to 5os. Alana, Indira and Dr. Smith are described as being of "any ethnicity," while that isn't specified for K'Bar.
This already sounds like drivel.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I was hopeful until I realised it was going to be more a Discovery version of a TNG sequel than Real Trek.

Honestly, I don't see that any of what I regard as Real Trek will ever be made again. When Nemesis killed Trek I always said that sooner or later it would come back. A case of "be careful what you wish for".