So I was just thinking...

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

So I was just thinking...

Post by Bryan Moore »

Starfleet sure runs into lots of problems around the turn of the stardate calendar. 439xx the borg, 449xx the klingon civil war, 469xx the borg again, 509xxx Dominion War, etc. Works great for cliffhangers, but you'd think Starfleet would start putting together some sort of Badass New Year's Task Force! Save lots of problems =)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Heh, soon enough it'll be like Christmass Eve in Doctor Who, with people heading for the hills at new year's. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:Heh, soon enough it'll be like Christmass Eve in Doctor Who, with people heading for the hills at new year's. :)
Ya, but at least we know it's christmas eve there. The average, less attentive fan wouldn't really notice the stardate thing. Does anyone know why every season premier episode of Doctor Who starts on Christmas eve?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Ya, but at least we know it's christmas eve there. The average, less attentive fan wouldn't really notice the stardate thing. Does anyone know why every season premier episode of Doctor Who starts on Christmas eve?
Those aren't season premiers - they're one-off specials separate from either of the series bracketing them. As for the timing, they're broadcast of Chrismas Day, so it makes sense to have a festive theme to them.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:Ya, but at least we know it's christmas eve there. The average, less attentive fan wouldn't really notice the stardate thing. Does anyone know why every season premier episode of Doctor Who starts on Christmas eve?
Those aren't season premiers - they're one-off specials separate from either of the series bracketing them. As for the timing, they're broadcast of Chrismas Day, so it makes sense to have a festive theme to them.
:shock: say what? Lousy Brits. That makes sense though. I didn't know that. Over here they were broadcast as season premiers. I remember rolling my eyes last year when the season premier took place on christmas eve again. I thought the wedding lady was going to become the new companion. Then the next episode that night was when Martha showed up.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They show them as premiers? You Americans are weird.....
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

The wedding lady, played by Catherine Tate, is been brought back as the new companion for the upcoming series; Much to the horror of most people (including me). She is, the BBC keeps telling us, a hugely popular, brillant comedian. I've yet to meet anybody who finds her remotely funny.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

She did, however, do alright in the Christmas special she was in, so hopfully Donna will be considerably less irritating than most of Tate's characters.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I know. She's incredibly annoying, and nowhere near funny. :x
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Well you motherfuchers managed to kill this topic quickly =)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Welcome to the DITL forum, Bryan! :P
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, the whole thing went off-topic at the first reply!
Isn't that some kind of record?
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Seeing as it's tough to make an off-topic first post, I'd call this a record!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Yahoo!!! The DITL Penchant has been displayed again.

Anyway, The Tate-woman. What a crappy comedian. I've seen her stuff and it was crap! Even the discusting comedy you'd find in little Britain (Old ladies wetting themselves) is better than Tate!
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Bring back Rose!