Nick Meyer Offers Hints on Secretive STAR TREK Project

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Nick Meyer Offers Hints on Secretive STAR TREK Project

Post by Nutso »

http://trekcore.com/blog/2018/05/nick-m ... k-project/

He was working on a Star Trek trilogy for CBS All-Access but, the recent unpleasantness between CBS and Viacom/Paramount has stalled his plans. When those entities sort themselves out, he'll return to writing his trilogy.
Almost a year ago, Meyer hinted towards another Trek project he was supposedly working on — a non-Discovery project — to TrekMovie.com in an interview from last June, which sparked much interested in the fan community:

Meyer: One thing that has nothing to do with Discovery is that I am working on another Star Trek project, but I can’t discuss that either.

TrekMovie: Are we talking more feature film because as far as I know, there is only one television project, I assume.

Meyer: You can assume.

Last night, speaking to an audience at the University of California, Irvine, at a public “Shakespeare and Star Trek” discussion, Meyer shared details about his Trek project for the first time — and thanks to exclusive coverage from this event, we can share his comments with you.

AUDIENCE QUESTION: A while back there were reports that you might be working on a ‘Star Trek’ miniseries, is there any truth to that, if you’re allowed to say anything about that?

MEYER: No, I can say something. I was hired to write a stand-alone ‘Star Trek’-related trilogy, [details of which] I can’t discuss or I’d have to kill you. [Laughs] I was writing it for CBS [All] Access… but at the moment CBS is at a war with Paramount/Viacom [about merging].

They’re in a power struggle which turned really nasty this past week when CBS decided to sue Viacom. So I don’t think my project is going anywhere in a hurry, because everything is on hold while they sort out this merger business. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.

The “re-merger” of CBS and Viacom/Paramount under one roof would bring all of Star Trek‘s ownership back together again — as CBS manages the franchise’s television rights and the Viacom/Paramount theatrical film side of things.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nick Meyer Offers Hints on Secretive STAR TREK Project

Post by Graham Kennedy »

If they do merge, who knows - we might get a real Star Trek show back on the air.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Nick Meyer Offers Hints on Secretive STAR TREK Project

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:If they do merge, who knows - we might get a real Star Trek show back on the air.
I'm trying not to be too optimistic about this, because there's a LOT of ground to be covered for this to happen, and then the IP rights to be ironed out. If it does occur, this could be what 'Trek has needed for decades.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer