2 Star Admiral

Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek (Nerdist)

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek (Nerdist)

Post by Bryan Moore »

Not bad at all! Although I don't think Tarantino directing a Trek movie would be much at all like anything else he'd ever done. He's a noted Trek fan and despite certain stylistic touches I'm sure we would see, I don't think we'd really get Pulp Science Fiction.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Yeah, I don't get why people think that he'd make a Trek movie exactly like the stuff he writes for himself only with Klingons instead of Nazis or whatever. He's a smart guy, surely he would know that playing in the Trek universe comes with things you do and don't do.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

The hope is that he would find a balance, combining his own signature with a healthy dose of respect for 'Trek lore (and Data! Sorry, couldn't resist.) I'd love to see him do something grittier, more noir than to what we're accustomed, but not a Reservoir Dogs in space.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mikey wrote:The hope is that he would find a balance, combining his own signature with a healthy dose of respect for 'Trek lore (and Data! Sorry, couldn't resist.) I'd love to see him do something grittier, more noir than to what we're accustomed, but not a Reservoir Dogs in space.
And I think the noir is more or less what we would end up getting. I really wouldn't even mind an Inglorius Space-terds if it was faithful to canon, as there is a lot of the Dominion War that could probably support that kind of plot (not saying it'd be the best use of a Tarantino Trek film, just that it wouldn't be the worst).
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?