"Leonard – My Fifty – Year Friendship With A Remarkable Man"

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

"Leonard – My Fifty – Year Friendship With A Remarkable Man"

Post by Nutso »

https://mashumashu.com/star-trek/
Irrevocably Bound Together In Star Trek History, William Shatner’s Tribute To Leonard Nimoy Explores Friendship and Regret

When Leonard Nimoy passed away on Friday, February 27th 2015, at age 83, he had inspired countless actors, politicians, astronauts and ordinary people. The outpouring of tributes to the man, who truly inhabited the iconic character of Spock on Star Trek, was universal. But none more poignant than that from William Shatner in the form of his new book, Leonard – My Fifty – Year Friendship With A Remarkable Man written with David Fisher. That’s because after almost half a century of friendship, there was a rift between them that Shatner never understood and was never repaired. “The fact that my contribution to Star Trek is done carries great sadness, but that is nothing compared to the devastation of Leonard’s death before we could resolve the fraying ropes of our friendship,” Shatner, 84, admits in his book. “I am filled with sadness at the realization it will never be put back together.”
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: "Leonard – My Fifty – Year Friendship With A Remarkable

Post by stitch626 »

Ok that brought a tear to my eye. Super sad to think about.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: "Leonard – My Fifty – Year Friendship With A Remarkable

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I own that book. Love it so much.