Star Trek: Bridge Crew Review (VR Starship Bridge)

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Star Trek: Bridge Crew Review (VR Starship Bridge)

Post by Nutso »

Review
This right here is why VR exists

Star Trek: Bridge Crew The Basics

Welcome aboard the USS Aegis, a Federation Starship in the J.J. Abrams-led alternate Star Trek Universe commonly referred to as NuTrek or the Kelvin Timeline. Aegis is similar to Enterprise in a lot of ways, and since this is NuTrek everything is shiny and holographic and shiny. Just so, so shiny. Most of the panels you interact with are touch panels, but you interact with them by pulling triggers on your controllers so it gets a little lost in translation. Just don't accidentally activate Red Alert and you'll be fine.

Your Avatar in Bridge Crew by default is a Human woman, but if you like you can jump into the small Avatar Creator in the game and adjust this however you want. This Avatar Creator is a little odd, giving you basic toggle switches for gender and hair color and race (you can only choose between Human and Vulcan) but the facial features are this convoluted four-slider system where each slider impacts the other three sliders in some way. It takes a lot of fiddling around before you figure out exactly what is happening when you adjust each slider, but once you have a face you like you can pick a job you like. That part is way less confusing.
Last edited by Nutso on Wed May 31, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Review (I think it's a VR bridge)

Post by Bryan Moore »

Well this is pretty sweet!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Review (VR Starship Bridge)

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park