William Shatner- "I am perfectly fit" to Play Kirk Again

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

William Shatner- "I am perfectly fit" to Play Kirk Again

Post by Nutso »

http://trekmovie.com/2017/05/04/shatner ... star-trek/
“I’m perfectly fit and ready to put on some makeup …. The problem I guess is what do you do with an aging captain whose youthful existence is already there?” said Shatner, now 86.
The problem with bringing Kirk back in the movies isn’t about him being aging captain who might interact with his younger self, as they obviously found a way to bring back Leonard Nimoy (twice), in both 2009’s Star Trek and 2013’s Star Trek Into Darkness.

The real issue is the fate that befell the Captain during Shatner’s last run as Kirk in 1994’s Star Trek: Generations. (Spoiler: he falls off a bridge and dies.) Even though there were some discussions about Shatner returning for some of the more recent Star Trek movies, producer J.J. Abrams said last summer “there’s something about his having died that makes it impossible.” Then again, Abrams also said that in Star Trek “nearly anything is possible.” So, if he got a pitch that he didn’t find contrived … you never know.
I'll be honest, when I saw that image of Kirk's death, I almost immediately clicked "Back" on the menu. I don't know why,
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: William Shatner- "I am perfectly fit" to Play Kirk Again

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:
I'll be honest, when I saw that image of Kirk's death, I almost immediately clicked "Back" on the menu. I don't know why,
Because it was a bad death for him.