Why Deep Space Nine and Voyager Aren’t On Blu-ray…

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Why Deep Space Nine and Voyager Aren’t On Blu-ray…

Post by Nutso »

And Why They May Never Be
So, why aren’t these incredible shows getting the same treatment as the others? I recently reached out to the writer, director, producer and editor of the incredible bonus features found on The Next Generation and Enterprise Blu-ray sets, Robert Meyer Burnett, to get some answers. Burnett was so heavily involved on the previous remastering projects, he seemed like the perfect source for answers to my burning questions.

If you’ve ever wondered about Deep Space Nine and Voyager on Blu-ray, sit back and relax as Burnett provides an enormous amount of detailed information that will most likely answer all of them.
It's a long article. The problem stems from the cameras used to shoot DS9 and Voyager's CGI.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Why Deep Space Nine and Voyager Aren’t On Blu-ray…

Post by Bryan Moore »

Well that's a crying shame. Not that I'd go out of my way to buy them, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't jump if I saw a steep PrimeDay discount or something of the sort, much like TNG.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

It is a shame. Although to be honest, I've already got all of it on DVD. And I have NO desire to rebuy any old series, with the possible exception of Transformers G1 animated. And that's only if they did the impossible and fixed as many animation errors as possible!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I wish they would release a better version of DS9. To be honest the DVDs look like they were scanned from the VHS tapes. Not only that but VHS tapes that have been watched several hundred times. It's almost like watching them through fog, the contrast is that low.
email, ergo spam