Star Trek: The Tour

Trek Books, Games and General chat
cromdubh
Crewman
Crewman

Star Trek: The Tour

Post by cromdubh »

I have just come back from the tour in the Queen Mary Dome in Long Beach California. I really don't know where to begin!

The tour will be traveling to 40 cities across the United States for the next couple of years at least, so all of you in Europe really should come over!

The tour itself is very similar to the exhibits that did Europe approximately 10-12 years ago, where props, costumes and ships were put on display, but the similarity ends there.

Today, I sat in the command, and (actual) helm chairs of the 1701 on a Bridge mock up, (photographs of course!), the same deal on the D bridge, shuttlecraft simulator, U.S.S. Titan simulator with Tuvok and Wesley Crusher (This apparently is a prelude to a Titan short film! Watch this space!). :shock:

I also got a free (ordinarily $21) chance to be photographed with Robert Picardo. Tomorrow, Armin Shimerman and Max Groedenchik will be there. I just might cough up the $42 to get photographed with thos two! :P

The box office told me it was a 1 to 2 hour self guided tour, but my wife and I did an easy 5 hours there. Wandering down a corridor seeing Captain Picard's Quarters, Sickbay on the D, fixing the phase transition coils in Engineering, Beaming in and out before finally sitting down for Tribble Nachos in Ten Forward/ Quark's Bar. BTW Yes, the Bar, tables and chairs were real!

At $35 a ticket, it was well worth it!

For now, from the colonies.... :twisted: ha! ha!

P.S. For those who have the good fortune to visit the tour, why not take part in the poll below? My answer would be the pool table!
There are three kinds of people in this world.

Those who can count, and those who can't. -A. Einstein
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, sounds like you had a great time. :)

Welcome to the forums. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Their tour cities are annoying me. The west coast is being way underserved. They're coming to Vancouver BC, 320 miles north of me, and San Francisco CA, 475 miles south of me. And that's as close as they're coming. Those are straight-line distances, too.