Trek Books, Games and General chat
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

ST vs B5 Vid

Post by Reliant121 »

What do we think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aij02fmktHk

apart from the Names and Registrations being completely wrong i dont think it was too bad.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, that kicked ass. :D
One of the few fan made videos that I've actualy liked, and the effects were pretty cool.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

There is a better video with the actual sound affects of weapons firing. Its slightly different in composition (They took film from a fan made parody) but it is a similar battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXxzmCV0kP4
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Do my eyes decieve me, or do those ships bear the emblem of the Terran Empire? :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

They might...i didn't notice it. I was too busy looking at the Fed fleet releasing some whoop ass on the Earthforce fleet.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

The problem I have with videos like these is that it is to easy for the outcome to be influenced by the video-maker's personal opinions.

If the maker likes Trek more, Trek will win. If the maker likes B5 more, B5 would win.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, it's generaly not a great idea to be thinking about who would really win when you watch those videos. Though this one seemed fairly neutral to both sides, with Starfleet and the EA taking seemingly heavy losses on both sides.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Neither one, i think. The Victory (last EA left) was destroyed when the Sovereign (Last Fed left) plowed into it.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Those are part of a feature-length fan film called Star Wreck - In the Pirkinning. It is quite funny, and can be found at http://www.starwreck.com/ The free edition is the original release. There's a DVD version that features completely re-worked and apparently more awesome special effects, which I may have to pick up.

They appear to be working on a sequel at the moment. They are also finnish.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I dont know a lot about B5 but Trek has the advantage of being able to travel the stars without gates. That alone could give them the advantage.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

wow those are some amazing graphics. Good resume booster to whoever made it.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Monroe wrote:I dont know a lot about B5 but Trek has the advantage of being able to travel the stars without gates. That alone could give them the advantage.
Not all B5 ships need jumpgates. Capital ships are able to form their own jump points.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

As shown. Reinforcements appear. (Several Omega destroyers and a Victory)
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Varthikes wrote:
Monroe wrote:I dont know a lot about B5 but Trek has the advantage of being able to travel the stars without gates. That alone could give them the advantage.
Not all B5 ships need jumpgates. Capital ships are able to form their own jump points.
Okay, nevermind then :P

I watched B5 a lot when it was new but that was awhile ago. I think they showed it pretty fair though.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Rochey wrote:Yeah, it's generaly not a great idea to be thinking about who would really win when you watch those videos. Though this one seemed fairly neutral to both sides, with Starfleet and the EA taking seemingly heavy losses on both sides.
It seemed like the only thing that was never destroyed was B5 itself. Otherwise, it seemded like both sides were not disrespected. I would liek to have seem some Whitestar vs Defiants.

The only thing I notice missing would be shields on the Trek ships.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...