How would you have done TWOK differently?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

How would you have done TWOK differently?

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

As Graham's thread considers the odd way STII:TWOK brings Khan off Ceti Alpha V and into the thick of the plot, I thought we'd have a go at contriving a somewhat more plausible way to handle it. Off the top of my head: when a supply mission finally gets to the Ceti Alpha system, Khan's gang gets the better of it's crew. By now, Khan's wife is dead owing to the hardships he and his men endured on the planet alone and the already volatile Khan has gone over the edge. Having taken over the supply ship, he tracks down the closest Starfleet ship (Reliant, on a similar mission but not at Ceti Alpha) and uses his ingenuity to take it.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: How would you have done TWOK differently?

Post by Atekimogus »

Quite simple. He tried to escape with the Botany Bay....the escape failed (maybe because Ceti Alpha VI just happened to explode) and they had to crashland on ceti alpha V.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Technically, it could have been the supply ship or any ship from any race. A Klingon ship picks up energy readings and goes in to check it out for tech/trophies, a Vulcan ship to check to see if anyone needs aid, Romulan for tech, Andorian, Orion for valuables, etc. Anyone could have come across a signal or power reading and landed. Khan's people could then either play possum as victims until the chance to take the ship happens, or just go straight at it. It doesn't have to be a Sheldon Cooper story behind a lie... it really could have been a simple and logical event.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

If you want later in the movie where instead of Enterprise rising behind the Reliant, have Kirk pitch upwards and fire from below.

You might even have Khan thinking in three dimensions, but he is used to thinking aircraft style 3 dimensions, rather than space 3 dimensions. So Khan might see Enterprise beneath him, and bank down to engage (he is above and hence has the advantage). But Kirk thinks space 3-D, and merely pivots in place.

Similar to Babylon 5 where the Star Furies pivot in place, compared to X-Wings or Defiant banking like aircraft.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)