Every Episode of Every 'Star Trek' Series Ever, Ranked

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Every Episode of Every 'Star Trek' Series Ever, Ranked

Post by Nutso »

It's ranked by Playboy.com, okay? If you click the link below, you will go to Playboy.com. This is definitely Not Safe For Work. There's no nudity in the article but there are suggestive ads.
Before you commence scrolling and arguing, the rules:

1 – The movies don't count.
2 – The original, unaired pilot “The Cage” doesn't count.
3 – Two-part episodes count as one episode. This isn't as much of a crutch as you might think. Many two-parters start off great, then whiff in the home stretch.
4 – The episodes part of larger arcs (Dominion War, Xindi Superweapon) are treated individually if they have their own title without “Part X” in it.
5 – The Animated Series does count. You have an issue with that, send a telegram.
695 episodes ranked.
http://www.playboy.com/articles/star-tr ... e-part-one

Examples:
695) “Shades of Gray,” The Next Generation, Season 2
A clips episode? What is this, The Partridge Family? An embarrassment. Don't give me excuses about a writer's strike, this is television sewage.

694) “And the Children Shall Lead,” The Original Series, Season 3
Insufferable and annoying and impossible to follow. This has the logic of a William S. Burroughs cut-up experiment with the added value of wretched kid actors. Dr. McCoy beaming at the end as young 'uns mourn their dead parents is one of the all time “what the hell am I watching” moments. Only value: obscure trivia factoid concerning the movie Zodiac. (You can Google it yourself.)

693) “Code of Honor,” The Next Generation, Season 1
Lt. Yar runs afoul of a planet run totally inhabited by dudes from early ’80s 7-Up commercials. Not the shows finest hour — indeed, it's flabbergastingly racist.

692) “Threshold,” Voyager, Season 2
Tom Paris takes his shuttle to Warp 10 and is “at all points of the Universe at one.” This changes him into a salamander, and he then kidnaps Janeway, turns her into a salamander, too, and mates with her. Chakotay yanks them away and they all desert the out-of-space-and-time offspring down on a bog planet. What. The. Hell.

691) “These Are The Voyages…,” Enterprise, Season 4
This ranks so low mostly on principle. What an insult to the NX-01 and her crew that Enterprise's final episode be more about Riker and Troi than Archer, Trip, T'Pol and the others. I get it – tie it in to the larger franchise, but a TNG-era holodeck scenario feels like fan fiction more than a conclusion. Bad play.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Every Episode of Every 'Star Trek' Series Ever, Ranked

Post by Mikey »

Some guy's random opinion, worthy of no more or less credence than anyone else's.

Besides, BoT should have been higher.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Every Episode of Every 'Star Trek' Series Ever, Ranked

Post by McAvoy »

I am not going to go through all 700 episodes. Though the posted last five or so I can agree with.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"