The Top 100 Star Trek Episodes Of All Time

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

The Top 100 Star Trek Episodes Of All Time

Post by Nutso »

http://io9.com/the-top-100-star-trek-ep ... 1641565699
100) Bride of Chaotica! (Star Trek: Voyager) - A hilarious pastiche of old-school science fiction serials, this story puts the Voyager crew in the middle of a space-opera fantasy gone very, very wrong.

99) Day of the Dove (Star Trek) - An alien entity wants the Enterprise crew and some Klingons to slaughter each other, and Kirk has nearly as much trouble with his own crew as with the "enemy."

98) Paradise (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) - Sisko and O'Brien find themselves in a "perfect" society where no technology functions, and the society's matriarch tests Sisko's will with some pretty brutal treatment.

97) Borderland/Cold Station 12/The Augments (Enterprise) - In this three-part episode, we delve into the past of Khan Noonien Singh's genetically augmented crew, and also meet the ancestor of Data's creator. And connecting those two dots allows the story to get into some weird questions about the nature of "superior" people.

96) Lineage (Star Trek: Voyager) - B'Elanna and Tom are expecting a baby... but maybe they can genetically engineer it to be more human and less Klingon? More than any episode about Khan's people, this episode digs into the thorny ethics of eugenics.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: The Top 100 Star Trek Episodes Of All Time

Post by kostmayer »

Great to see Balance of Terror on the list, didn't reckon on it being top of the list. Quite possibly my fave episode ever.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

kostmayer wrote:Great to see Balance of Terror on the list, didn't reckon on it being top of the list. Quite possibly my fave episode ever.
Yep. Usually City on the Edge of Forever is on top of these lists.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

kostmayer wrote:Great to see Balance of Terror on the list, didn't reckon on it being top of the list. Quite possibly my fave episode ever.
Definitely in top three in TOS ranking IMO.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Black Jesus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Black Jesus »

The list seems haphazard with no real rational. It has a lot of good episodes that any list would have. The only real thought to it seems to be given to the top 10-13, of which most of the episodes are interchangeable on a top ten.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Black Jesus wrote:The list seems haphazard with no real rational. It has a lot of good episodes that any list would have. The only real thought to it seems to be given to the top 10-13, of which most of the episodes are interchangeable on a top ten.
Yeah, this. I mean I love Balance of Terror, but number one? I just can't see it.