TF/ST

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Lt Cmdr Garrison
Crewman
Crewman

TF/ST

Post by Lt Cmdr Garrison »

Here's a question for my fellow Transformers/Star Trek fans on here :)

In last years CGI/Live Action Movie version of Transformers, they were able to use their transcanners to take on the form of earth based vehicles, so when Mikala looked at Bumblebee's engine, it looked just like a real engine you'd find in a real car. What I was wondering was, if a Transformer scanned a 24th century starship (Defiant class for example) would the Transformer be able to scan and duplicate the warp core, and for that matter the cloaking device?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I suppose it might be. But it would be much more difficult though due to the Complexity of a Warp core or a Cloaking Device.
robjkay
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Re: TF/ST

Post by robjkay »

Lt Cmdr Garrison wrote:Here's a question for my fellow Transformers/Star Trek fans on here :)

In last years CGI/Live Action Movie version of Transformers, they were able to use their transcanners to take on the form of earth based vehicles, so when Mikala looked at Bumblebee's engine, it looked just like a real engine you'd find in a real car. What I was wondering was, if a Transformer scanned a 24th century starship (Defiant class for example) would the Transformer be able to scan and duplicate the warp core, and for that matter the cloaking device?
No, because nether one of them actually exist! :lol:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Theoretical conversation. And anyway, this forum would be destitute and pointless if there was no Star trek. The ships and things we talk about dont exist. Doesn't stop us talking about them
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I think so. Transformers are mimicing creatures so they should be able to mimic anything mechanical up to a point.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

In a warp core, you're dealing with a M/AM reaction. Mucho dangeroso. My bet would be that the Transformer would be able to miminc the appearance of a warp core, even including the sound and light show, but probably wouldn't be able to actually replicate a functioning reactor.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I might actually go with "No" because... If a TF was able to become something like a warp engine, then they would not be on the lokkout for power. One of them could just become an Energon Cube machine an pump out cubes non-stop. Better yet, they could all create a small Energon Cube machine inside themselves and never need external power.

One must assume that there is a limit ot the tech level they can reproduce.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I['d say no. Their engine might resemble a reactor, but it'd run on energon instead of deuterium.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

I think it would look like whatever but it wouldn't be that thing.