Star Trek, The Animated Series recaps

Trek Books, Games and General chat
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Star Trek, The Animated Series recaps

Post by katefan »

Back in 2012 I began writing for The Agony booth, and I decided I wanted to tackle a subject not many people had addressed. So I decided to take on Star Trek, The Animated Series. This is a link to my first recap, I've done seven since.

The Survivor

As time went on I made the recaps more accessible to the casual Star Trek fan.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Star Trek, The Animated Series recaps

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

katefan wrote:Back in 2012 I began writing for The Agony booth, and I decided I wanted to tackle a subject not many people had addressed. So I decided to take on Star Trek, The Animated Series. This is a link to my first recap, I've done seven since.

The Survivor

As time went on I made the recaps more accessible to the casual Star Trek fan.
Ah, cool. :) The Animated Series... always felt a bit sorry for it, for lack of a better term. So much potential...
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

I have watched many of the episodes numerous times and which I think there is quite a bit of suck involved, I do find some fun concepts that could have only been accomplished on an animated show. The Terratin Incident, for example, is the one where everyone is shrinking and the visuals are very cool. How Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth would have broken TOS' budget.

I think fans would love to see a modern 'Trek animated series. The popularity of The Clone Wars shows the viability of an ongoing franchise. I'm just sorry Paramount has apparently never entertained the idea. :/
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I'd like to see a new animated series, too.