If you could be a character from Trek, which would you be?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Deepcrush wrote:Sulu as captain of the Excelsior! I loved his style.

"She'll fly apart sir!"
"WELL FLY HER APART THEN!"
"Aye sir!"
I always wished we got to see more of Captain Sulu. The tea-drinking was a nice touch, and he's got a great voice for command.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Jordanis wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Sulu as captain of the Excelsior! I loved his style.

"She'll fly apart sir!"
"WELL FLY HER APART THEN!"
"Aye sir!"
I always wished we got to see more of Captain Sulu. The tea-drinking was a nice touch, and he's got a great voice for command.
He definatly had the presence on-screen. Personally I would love to see a Captain Chekov, or at least a captain with an Russian accent. Russian's have great presence as commanders.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Yeah, and he gets the good China out even while on the Bridge :)

I especially loved "You having hearing problems Mr?"

So what if you're a famous film star and your Mums the casting director - you'll do as you're told.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
JudgeKing wrote:Admiral William Ross. Nothing says awesome like being the only admiral to not a corn cob up his/her ass. Anyways, I have an Intrepid-class ship named the USS Bellerophon that doesn't constantly spawn shuttles out of nowhere.
Oh, I like that one. But is rapidly respawning shuttle craft a good thing?
It wastes ships power and doesn't have any positive benefits unless your ship is named USS Voyager.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Personally I would love to see a Captain Chekov, or at least a captain with an Russian accent. Russian's have great presence as commanders.
Like Sean Conery in Hunt for Red October. :)
I do agree, a Russian captain would be cool.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

When they were proposing a new series after Voyager, I thought setting it on the Excelsior (post-Generations, after the loss of Kirk and the launch of 1701-B) with Captain Sulu and crew would've been awesome. They could've even brought Tim Russ over for at least a few seasons; covered some of the events in between TMP era and TNG, like the Tomed Incident, and avoided all the serious tech and continuity issues Enterprise flew into at Warp 9.9999.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I agree, a series around that time would have been cool. I would have been happy with it being around Enterprise-C's time as well.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Right! So many other options. So much wasted show.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

Captain Proton!

Does he count. He's a holoprogram character, but he's still a character, right?
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Garak
Seven of Nine : Looks at myself :P
or...Praetor of the Romulan empire ^^
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

or...Praetor of the Romulan empire ^^
Another person with high ambitions I see. :wink:
Now, all we need is someone to be Chancelor of the Klingons, and we can get a nice little war going on here.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

indeed....let he who dares fight me come forth! Imperially speaking this is.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*a massive fleet of newly-built Federation Battleships, fully equiped with transphasic torpedoes, Endgame-style armour, trilithium torpedoes, phase cloaks and guarded by troops of the newly created Federation Marine Corps drops out of warp in orbit of Romulus*

You called?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*a massive fleet of newly-built Federation Battleships, fully equiped with transphasic torpedoes, Endgame-style armour, trilithium torpedoes, phase cloaks and guarded by troops of the newly created Federation Marine Corps drops out of warp in orbit of Romulus*

You called?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Hmmm....perhaps I should have stated that being GODLIKE was not permitted....as if starfleet would ACTUALLY deploy a fleet of Battlecruisers, armed to the teeth with Transphasics to Romulus.