Destiny Trilogy...

Trek Books, Games and General chat
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Destiny Trilogy...

Post by McAvoy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Well I went on DITL and used the size charts to put an NX next to a Danube... and the scale really does look quite far off to me.
Bah. You know the creators of DITL don't know anything right?

*runs off*

Anyway I do agree with you, that Danube in the background looks too big.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The foreground one is what's looking too big to me. The front of it's sitting pretty close to the NX's saucer. Hell, look at the Argo near by then back to the Runabout. That thing is waaaaaay too big.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

While we're nitpicking at the scale, the shuttle and runabout at the back don't seem to match up to me.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

McAvoy wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:Well I went on DITL and used the size charts to put an NX next to a Danube... and the scale really does look quite far off to me.
Bah. You know the creators of DITL don't know anything right?

*runs off*
!ouch)

Anyway I do agree with you, that Danube in the background looks too big.
It's also kind of weird how big the Danube in the background is compared to the Type 9.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I think I am going to look for a high resolution version of this so I can photoshop it to see how everything looks, when altered.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Well, it was pleasant to read you... but when reading that, I thought that Destiny looked like a poorly executed New Jedi Order when post Nemesis Star Trek was a great place for stories with Cardassians trying to rebuild and the politcal chaos of Romulan and Remans leadings to Romulus destruction in 2387, making that trilogy less interesting than Star Trek Online ^^ But I'll try to find them here and read them, to have my own opinion.

But yeah I know some peoples will be angry because of that but Vongs where exactly the same, a peaceful galaxy hardly shaken... But enjoyable when 10 years old and still far more enjoyable than all the killik story arc, but not offering enough evidences to what happend next: Darth Caedus.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I'll take the Destiny Trilogy over the NJO ANY[/i] day of the week.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I'll take the Destiny Trilogy over the NJO ANY[/i] day of the week.

Well I'll search for it when I'll have finish to read The Witcher, and make my own opinion :)
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I will take Destiny over any of the Star Wars with only a select few like the Thrawn trilogy being the exception.

I think that is the main problem many have with the Destiny and post Destiny books. Its feels fake to people. Not true Trek. Unfortunately we will never see a Prime verse live action show again.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

McAvoy wrote:I will take Destiny over any of the Star Wars with only a select few like the Thrawn trilogy being the exception.

I think that is the main problem many have with the Destiny and post Destiny books. Its feels fake to people. Not true Trek. Unfortunately we will never see a Prime verse live action show again.
Hm. I actually don't think the post-Destiny books feel fake at all. Yes, Destiny was a bit rushed but it needed to happen to get to all the good stuff (in terms of universe development) that came next.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

DarkMoineau wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I'll take the Destiny Trilogy over the NJO ANY[/i] day of the week.

Well I'll search for it when I'll have finish to read The Witcher, and make my own opinion :)

Oh, go right ahead. But for me they SUCK! and killed SW for me.

I mean... just... god the insane things that made me literally throw the book across the room... and what happened AFTER! :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: