Facebooks best crew

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Facebooks best crew

Post by Teaos »

Hoshi did have the ability to be a great character, hell even Mayweather could have been great if given half a chance.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

It would be nice to see if the original poll was multiple choice for each position, or if it was wide open. However, keeping with the original positions:

Captain: Kirk (original) - You just can't beat that swager!
1st Officer: Riker - Original Kirk and Riker on shore leave...
Engineer: Scotty - Even his appearance on TNG was amazing.
Doctor: EMH w/mobile emiter - Just better
Security: Warf - Odo is too one-dimentional
Communications: Sato - Probably the easiest pick of all of these
Helmsman: Jadzia - I wouldn't have put her in that position, but apparently the original poll did.
Wildcard: Data - Computer knowledge and though speed, sensors, strength, etc.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Teaos wrote:Hoshi did have the ability to be a great character, hell even Mayweather could have been great if given half a chance.
I dunno... on the rare occasions when they did give him something to do, watching that guy trying to act was a pretty painful experience.

Ways that Enterprise could have been better, Number 7 - have a policy to kill off an average of one main character per season. Start with Mayweather. Then Reed and Tucker.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Kill off Reed and you'd have to kill off all the rest of them the next episode to keep even a semblance of SoD. He was the only thing keeping Enterprise from being destroyed through the incompetence of the rest of the crew.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Remember Worf was like that too. But then again Worf got his ass handed to him. So maybe the DS9 version.

Wild Card with Data and Spock on the same team would be cheating.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

McAvoy wrote:Remember Worf was like that too. But then again Worf got his ass handed to him.
My abiding memories of Reed are Chuck's review of whatever the one in the Vulcan monastery was called, when he was commanding Enterprise and reacting calmly and professionally to the situation while Archer was getting the shit kicked out of him, and of him equally calmly and professionally guiding said Captain Calamity through how to disarm a Romulan mine.

My abiding memory of Worf is of him losing the E-D to a bunch of Ferengi.

The former might be one of Reed's (many) highlights while the latter was Worf's nadir, but I'm sure you can see my point
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Oh I see your point. Maybe someone should do an in depth analysis of Reed to see if he truly lives up to the 'hype'. Same goes for Worf. When I think of Worf is that many types he warns Picard of exactly what goes wrong in the episode. If Picard takes up on World's warnings TBG would have been a thirty minute show.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Mine would be:

Captain: Kirk.
1st Officer: Riker.
Science: Spock.
Engineer: Scotty.
Doctor: Bashir.
Security: Worf - DS9-Era though.
Communications: Sato.
Helmsman: Sulu.
Wildcard: Data.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Who would be the Wildcard besides Data anyway? Think about that. He is the ultimate wild card.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

7 of 9

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Teaos wrote:7 of 9
ooo... good call...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Now I think of it, I replace Data with 7, both have been unbalanced at times, but she has much more knowledge, equal mental capacity if less physical, but much more eye candy.

Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

On my list I might replace Warf with 7 in the security roll is she would apply there.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:Now I think of it, I replace Data with 7, both have been unbalanced at times, but she has much more knowledge, equal mental capacity if less physical, but much more eye candy.
We forgot about the eye candy position.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Captain: Sisko or Picard. I really can't decide between them.
XO: Riker by a huge margin.
Science: Spock, obviously.
Tactical: Reed.
Security: Odo.
Doctor: EMH (mobile)
Communications: Sato.
Helmsman: Difficult. My instinct says to go for Sulu, but as much as I detest Paris he did demonstrate pretty good aptitude on multiple occasions.
Wild card: 7 of 9.