BA 6 worst Trek science errors

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

BA 6 worst Trek science errors

Post by Teaos »

Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy did a list of the worst sciecne mistakes in Trek when the new movie came out.

Link

You can see his professional bias coming through.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: BA 6 worst Trek science errors

Post by McAvoy »

Well to be honest my former professional military bias came through when the first movie came out. So did many military members in the theater at the time.

Just saying.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Don-Okay
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by Don-Okay »

The barrier doesn't bother me so long as they are consistent with it.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Hmm... I dunno. Articles like that, one one hand okay. It's dodgy even in the show, but on the other it just never has really bothered me all that much. Especially what happens when you get hit with a phaser blast.

EDIT: And the thing about Delta Vega. It was a mind meld, for pete's sake! :evil:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He still said he saw it, and Nero left him there to see it, that implies he saw it as shown.

The only explanation is Nero put some sort of holo projector in the sky and put he there because it was a shitty planet.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I always thought perhaps the barrier is a subspace thing that you can't see in normal space?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I got that impression to, or something similar, he seems to take offence at its red opacness.

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

And this is what true fans do (referring to you folks). Find the errors, and then explain them away within the universe.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.