Trek Books, Games and General chat
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

New book Federation: The First 150 years

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I think I'll be getting this one...
The definitive history of the United Federation of Planets, the intergalactic democracy that governs the Star Trek universe – is one for the books, and now it is… a book. Written by David A. Goodman and featuring illustrations by Joe Corroney, Mark McHaley, Cat Staggs and Jeff Carlisle, Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years will be released on November 20, 2012, by becker&mayer! and 47North. Goodman served as a writer-consulting producer on Star Trek: Enterprise and wrote the Trek-centric “Where No Fan Has Gone Before” episode of Futurama, while Corroney has illustrated numerous Star Trek comic book adventures.

The book is so full of unique elements it’s almost impossible to figure out where to start. There are treaty excerpts, intelligence reports and letters documenting the historic moments that started it all and led to the formation of the United Federation of Planets.

Goodman examines everything from First Contact to the Organian Peace Treaty, with the text complemented by color and black and white illustrations of epic battles, alien species and heretofore unseen ship designs, among them the Romulan attack on Starbase 1, original blueprints for the U.S.S. Enterprise and the Xindi Avian. A quintet of removable documents includes Zefram Cochrane’s first sketch of the warp drive engine and a hand-penned letter from a young Jim Kirk.

Federation Book in PedestalEven the packaging of the 176-page deluxe volume is worth highlighting. Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years will come housed in a sleek display pedestal that features electronic lights and an audio narration by Star Trek’s original Sulu, George Takei.

Click HERE to pre-order Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years exclusively at Amazon.com.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: New book Federation: The First 150 years

Post by Mikey »

I'm not normally a big fan of extraneous background, but this sounds both interesting and thoughtfully-produced.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Interesting. Though I stopped buying these sort of books years ago.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Hell yes, I think I shall.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I ate up the tech manuals published. If the VOY one was published I would've bought that one too. I've even got RPG guides! This is so bought.