'Trek to return???

Trek Books, Games and General chat
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: 'Trek to return???

Post by McAvoy »

From what I understand this proposal shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I would like to see a maybe a two or three part mini series that closes the Prime Universe 24th century. Perhaps a permanent alliance between the Klingons and the Federation.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That would be awesome. Get some of the TNG and DS9 cast (and the good VOY cast: Tuvok, The Doctor and Seven) together for a ten-hour miniseries centered around a major unresolved plot point, like the destruction of Romulus and the fallout related to that. I'm sure a lot of the actors would be happy to return.

Actors who would almost certainly return:

Jonathan Frakes
Marina Sirtis
Levar Burton
Michael Dorn
Colm Meaney
Alexander Siddig
Armin Shimmerman
Cirroc Lofton
J.G. Hertzler
Tim Russ
Jeri Ryan
Robert Picardo

All of them have either not really worked, or have been bit parts on other sci-fi (a damn shame, really) since Star Trek. They would all come back for a reasonable amount, I'm sure. The interaction between some of their characters would be great, and It would be damn cool to see a real conclusion to the TNG-era Trek.

A simple framing device of Jake Sisko writing about the fallout of the destruction of Romulus (rogue Romulan fleets attacking major Federation worlds, refugees trying to escape the Klingons, the Federation trying to keep the Klingons from annexing all of Romulan space, Romulan terrorist cells retaliating against Vulcan ala Nero, etc) while aboard the Titan would be epic.

Or, it could be epic, if they hired the right writers.

I volunteer. :wave:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

With a com message from admiral Picard giving orders near the begining (just to up the count of shiney heads).
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

colmquinn wrote:With a com message from admiral Picard giving orders near the begining (just to up the count of shiney heads).
Preferably. Certainly superior to getting Admiral Janeway back again.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Hasn't Jeri Ryan been in a smattering of American drama's lately? Body of Proof comes to mind.

Still, Nice idea. It'd be good to see Riker showing his skillz.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

That might be one of the only problems with bringing everyone back... they would (should) mostly all be in upper command positions by now.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Jim wrote:That might be one of the only problems with bringing everyone back... they would (should) mostly all be in upper command positions by now.
I can see Worf and Tuvok getting their own ships, and we know Geordi got one in an alternate universe, but I don't think anyone else would, really. Maybe Bashir.

It seems to me that Starfleet doesn't have the same policy about advancement or retirement that the modern military does. Not to mention the TMP-era, where everyone is a captain, but they still serve on the Enterprise.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Reliant121 wrote:Hasn't Jeri Ryan been in a smattering of American drama's lately? Body of Proof comes to mind.
She's also in the Mortal Kombat web series.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Wait... what?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA
Episode 1 part 1 features Jax and Sonya, among others.

The current rumors are that the writer of this wants to do another group of movies, but couldn't get a studio to accept it so he's doing this to convince them.
I'm not much of a fan (personal taste), so don't know how good they are compared to anything else in the universe.

Onto Trek: bringing in others who would be alive, and promoted most likely, would be nice to see. Well, some of them at least.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Worf at least should never have a command. After he abandoned his mission to rescue Jadzia he was told it would go on his record and ensure he'd never have a command of his own again.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Worf, as much as I love him, should never be in Starfleet again. There's only so many times a guy can up and leave an organization like that before they tell him to stop coming back.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I said he could have his own ship. Not in Starfleet, mind you; a warrior of his renown, and friends with the Chancellor to boot... he should be commanding his own Negh'var.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I think they should go back to basics....one ship, one crew. Seeking out new life and new civilizations..........................................

Perhaps the NCC-1701-F..........allowing for an all new crew. Kicking it just twenty years out would make that totally believable when you stop and consider the lifespan of ships named Enterprise. IMO losing another ship would be the only way Picard would take a promotion.

That would allow almost everybody to return via some method should they choose.

As to baddies........I'd love to see one of the existing powers become a real threat again. However, I don't think they ever really could. But, maybe discovering a new race that Starfleet CAN'T negotiate with, has nothing in common with, and will just be the ENEMY without being impossible to beat or trying to exterminate humanity for just existing.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Or if you want to give it a bit mro freedom it follows one ship in a smallish fleet of like 7-12 ships, the only ships fitted out with slip stream and the othe goodies Voyager brought back, the Federation was compelled to sign a treaty limiting the dispersal of the technology by all their neighbours or risk open warfare everywhere as their neighbours tried to take them down before they could fully upgrade the fleet. And since hte Federation is soft and wants peace they would probably sign.

The trouble shoot fleet.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.