Omega : Expanded

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Omega : Expanded

Post by Teaos »

I think the take on the Borg here a very interesting. Each evolving diferently depending on what they assimilate. With only very very rare encounters between cubes, and even then they may have evolved so seperatly the stronger may just assimilate the weaker.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I agree. It would make for an interesting story. Of course this sort of scenario would take place over hundreds if not thousands of years.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It would at that, time being relative... everything would slow down. At least until a new form of FTL is developed or the Omega wears off.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Considering that Omega destroys subspace i don't see Omega 'wearing off'. Even if subspace can repair itself, I doubt it would take hundreds or thousands of years. More like millions. But that is an opinion.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"