Your favorite Klingon ship class

Trek Books, Games and General chat

Which is your favorite class of Klingon Starship?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Vor'cha
18%
Neg'Var
6%
D5
12%
Bird of Prey (scout)
12%
D-7
24%
K't'inga
29%

Total votes: 17
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Your favorite Klingon ship class

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nominating the K'T'inga. Or seconding it, actually.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Reliant121 wrote:Size, I'd guess. the K'Vort's attacking the Bortas where not dissimilar in size (even taking into effect distance distortion) where as a BoP would be way smaller in comparison.
I always attributed it to bad special effect :bangwall:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:Good eye. How do you point out the difference between BoP and K'Vort Class Cruisers?
Reliant121 wrote:Size, I'd guess. the K'Vort's attacking the Bortas where not dissimilar in size (even taking into effect distance distortion) where as a BoP would be way smaller in comparison.
Reliant is correct, the ships attacking the Bortas were the same size as the Vorcha class Cruiser. B'rels are far smaller, on par with the Defiant and Jem'Hadar attack ship.
SolkaTruesilver wrote:I always attributed it to bad special effect :bangwall:
Its very possible but we can't lay on that when covering Canon InUniverse material.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

I still can't figure how you judge the (mightily beautiful) Vor'Cha attack cruiser is on par with the GSC. We only have its performance against 2 K'Vorta after an ambush, and we only have as a benchmark Alternate GSC vs 3 K'Vorta.

I mean, for all we know, the Vor'Cha is maybe even more powerful than the Enterprise. Or less.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:B'rels are far smaller, on par with the Defiant and Jem'Hadar attack ship.
On the contrary - B'rel's are indistinguishable from the cruisers that attacked the alt E-D in YE and the Bortas in Redemption.
I always attributed it to bad special effect :bangwall:
Its very possible
Possible, but unlikely. The TNG appearances of the BoP are too consistently in the 300-350m range to be chalked up to bad effects - I'm pretty confident that the size was consciously inflated, possibly to make the relative sizes about the same as the scout and the E-nil.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:On the contrary - B'rel's are indistinguishable from the cruisers that attacked the alt E-D in YE and the Bortas in Redemption.
Wrong, they are very distinguishable. While SFX have been commonly messed up, thats an OOU answer to an IU question. The ships in YE were spoken directly as K'Vort Class Battlecruisers. The ships attacking the Bortas were of the same size.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:Wrong, they are very distinguishable. While SFX have been commonly messed up, thats an OOU answer to an IU question. The ships in YE were spoken directly as K'Vort Class Battlecruisers. The ships attacking the Bortas were of the same size.
And the ships that attacked the E-D in Rascals, the only occasion on which the B'rel-class was named, were the same size as the ships in YE and Redemption. Why two different names were used for identical ships is unknown - possibly due to internal differences, but that they're externally identical is irrefutable.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Captain Seafort wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Wrong, they are very distinguishable. While SFX have been commonly messed up, thats an OOU answer to an IU question. The ships in YE were spoken directly as K'Vort Class Battlecruisers. The ships attacking the Bortas were of the same size.
And the ships that attacked the E-D in Rascals, the only occasion on which the B'rel-class was named, were the same size as the ships in YE and Redemption. [b]Why two different names were used for identical ships is unknown [/b]- possibly due to internal differences, but that they're externally identical is irrefutable.
Alternate timeline?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Certainly another possibility. We don't know and never will. What we do know is that the designs are externally indistinguishable.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The only difference I've seen between named B'rel and named K'vort is the B'rel wings are down and the K'vort wings are in flight position.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:I still can't figure how you judge the (mightily beautiful) Vor'Cha attack cruiser is on par with the GSC. We only have its performance against 2 K'Vorta after an ambush, and we only have as a benchmark Alternate GSC vs 3 K'Vorta.

I mean, for all we know, the Vor'Cha is maybe even more powerful than the Enterprise. Or less.
I believe it is mildly less powerful then the GCS but is available in far greater numbers. Its main focus is that massive forward disruptor on the front. In a head to head battle I would expect the Vor'cha to be able to give out a damn fine fight.
Captain Seafort wrote:And the ships that attacked the E-D in Rascals, the only occasion on which the B'rel-class was named, were the same size as the ships in YE and Redemption. Why two different names were used for identical ships is unknown - possibly due to internal differences, but that they're externally identical is irrefutable.
Since you have no IC proof that they are anything of the same sort. Then we can only go by what we know for sure when trying to rate them. The B'Rel is a cruiser at most, the K'Vort a Battlecruiser by canon. That means at the least the K'Vort outmatches the B'rel in some fashion. Also since I haven't seen an image from rascals to show anything I can't say either way if they are the same size. Its been a long time since I've seen that ep.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Indeed you are correct, I think that may even be the same footage.

What class would we count Martok's Rotaron as? (spelling?)
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Difficult. The Rotarran always looked a lot smaller but it's always attributed as a B'Rel IIRC.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Reliant121 wrote:Difficult. The Rotarran always looked a lot smaller but it's always attributed as a B'Rel IIRC.
As did I but I appear to have been wrong. Still, that doesn't really remove the ability of the Vor'cha, I was just mistaken in naming its attackers.