Your favourite Trek 'Yessss!' moment?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Your favourite Trek 'Yessss!' moment?

Post by thelordharry »

Mine would have to be that episode where Tomolok thought he'd captured the Enterprise and was gloating with his monologue and all of a sudden, the Klingon ships decloaked to redress the balance. Didn't see that one coming and though 'shove that one up your arse you tricky Romulan swine!!!' :)

What's your one?
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Your favourite Trek 'Yessss!' moment?

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The climax of ST VI.

Absolutely fantastic build up. Chang was having SUCH a good time spouting his Shakespeare... "I am constant as the northern star! Let slip the dogs of war!" as he pounded the Enterprise. And with Sulu's "Well fly her apart, then!" to get his ship there in time... and when he arrived, all he did was give Chang another target to shoot at and for a moment it looked like both Starships would go down in flames.

When that torpedo finally tracked in on Chang and blew his face off... and then both ships just pounded him to pieces. People actually cheered in the cinema.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

ST V - I almost cheered when the credits finally began to roll.

Seriously... while it wasn't a big shooty moment, or have much in the way of blow-em-up, my nomination has to go to the moment in ST III at which the Excelsior begins to chase the stolen big-E, pops the clutch, and stalls out - said moment expanded to include James Doohan's best smarmy/smug look ever.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

BTW - honorable mention:

Though the film had its many flaws, the sheer visceral knot-tying of the E-E ramming the Scimitar in NEM counts for something. While it didn't make the film one of my fave 'Trek movies, I have to admit that I recall consciously thinking to myself, right before it, "Oh, no, he won't... he can't..."

And, right after, "Holy shit, he did it!"

EDIT: Upon further reflection, I seem to recall that I actually said that last bit out loud in the theater.
as Bull offed Custer
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

The last seconds of Call to Arm (DS9).

The duality of Sisko and Dukat, the deep understanding between them. The fact that the Federation is FUCKING GOING TO WAR!

I have cold chills whenever I see it.
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Mikey wrote:BTW - honorable mention:

Though the film had its many flaws, the sheer visceral knot-tying of the E-E ramming the Scimitar in NEM counts for something. While it didn't make the film one of my fave 'Trek movies, I have to admit that I recall consciously thinking to myself, right before it, "Oh, no, he won't... he can't..."

And, right after, "Holy s**t, he did it!"

EDIT: Upon further reflection, I seem to recall that I actually said that last bit out loud in the theater.
Did you do the same thing during Insurrection with Riker in the briar patch and finish off with..."Oh, he didn't" :)
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

No so much. I don't if the attempted bad-ass commentary sounded hollow or trite coming from Riker, or if the plan just took too long from development to onscreen execution to have the same impact.

Or, the whole idea of the Briar Patch was obviously contrived just to allow for a clever ploy instead of a plain ol' firefight (which would have been fine, BTW.)
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Coming of Age - when Picard calmly saves the Shuttlecraft thief from a fiery death in a planets atmosphere by telling him to aim his shuttle at the planet, to enable the shuttle to build up enough speed to bounce of the planets atmosphere. Even Remmick was impressed.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

I'm terrible about remembering show titles, but the one DS9 ep where they head to an abandoned Carddy base and something there makes Garek go nuts. O'brien's tricorder/phaser bomb was one of those moments for me, for being a genuinely clever tatic that outsmarted a rather brilliant, if temporarily insane, man.

And the follow up conversation helped.
Garek: If I had been a bit closer, it would have killed me.
O'Brien: No offense, but that was the plan actually.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lighthawk wrote:Garek: If I had been a bit closer, it would have killed me.
:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Stealing the Enterprise in Search for Spock. The cut, the camera angles, the music...all comes together in perfection.

Close second would be the Enterprise flyby from TMP. With the average attention span of about five seconds nowadays all I can say is....alas, never again... .
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:Garek: If I had been a bit closer, it would have killed me.
:lol:
sorry, but the best was:

Garak: Perhaps you are not a soldier, after all...
O'Brien: That's right, I'm an engineer [trigger bomb]
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I don't particularly like the launch of the big-E in TMP, but I LOVE the flyby when she's on approach to V'Ger.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Reliant121 wrote:I don't particularly like the launch of the big-E in TMP, but I LOVE the flyby when she's on approach to V'Ger.
I like the launch flyby, and I really like the way the destruction of V'ger transisitions into the E-nil
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

On that note, I love the Klingon flyby, even if the "Chun'tok" or evasive manoeuvres was basically turning around.