Your favourite Trek 'Yessss!' moment?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Re: Your favourite Trek 'Yessss!' moment?

Post by thelordharry »

Me and the Mrs are sitting down to watch 'First Contact' tonight.

We're to the point where Data has jumped down to where Lilly is firing at him with the sub-machine gun and he turns around after being peppered with bullets and he says "Greetings" whilst fastening his waistcoat :)

Man, this film is already sprinkled with 'Yessss!' moments. How about that scene where the Enterprise flies in to protect the Defiant and Picard takes control of the fleet and then gets what's left of the fleet to fucking pummel the exhaust port or whatever it is and then the bastard thing blows up but not before releasing the sphere. Man, the whole battle scene was so awesome.....even the bit where the exploding Borg cube takes a few Starships with it....Fuck it, the whole start of the film to where the Enterprise flies in behind the temporal wake back to 21st century Earth is Trek gold to me.

I love this film. That's why it's probably the second best ever for me, shading out XI. It means so much to the Trek universe as a whole. For me, it retrospectively explained where Trek all came from.

The best part is that I know there are so many more Yessss moments coming up in the rest of the film...
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: Your favourite Trek 'Yessss!' moment?

Post by kostmayer »

thelordharry wrote:We're to the point where Data has jumped down to where Lilly is firing at him with the sub-machine gun and he turns around after being peppered with bullets and he says "Greetings" whilst fastening his waistcoat
Heh, I remember when he did that in Aresenal of Freedom. Palefaced fella really knows how to make an entrance.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."