Miranda Classes???

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I'd have said the Constitution was actually more similar to the Oberth, rather than Miranda.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

robjkay wrote:Well I guess nobody has found anything that says or suggests that the name Miranda Class is really the name of this class.

Here is something, we do knoe that the Soyuz Class is canon being it was stated in TNG: Cause and Effect. This class shares the same configuration with the Miranda.

So my question is how do we no the name Miranda Class is not actually not named or part of the the Soyuz Class? Being one is canon and one is not.
Actually we do know this one. Geordi recognized the Bozeman as a Soyuz-class and acted all suprised because that class was retired 80-years ago I believe he said. Miranda-class ships are still seen in service as late as the last DS9 episode.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Thorin wrote:I'd have said the Constitution was actually more similar to the Oberth, rather than Miranda.
I think the idea is that the Miranda is a reconfiguration of Connie components, much like the relationship of the Nebula to the Galaxy.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
robjkay
Senior chief petty officer

Post by robjkay »

So nobody found anything that would make the name Miranda Class canon?

Is there anyone who can clear up the plaque for the USS Brattain from TNG: Night Terrors or the USS Saratoga from DS9: Emissary to were someone can read it?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

holy son of a rochey! Why didn't I remember. On the disc of the Star Trek encyclopedia there was a picture of that Plaque! I know it said Miranda on it.

Here's a link to a picture of it:
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/monkeyo ... tain3.html

Here's the information that was on it(some of it is hard to read):

USS Brattain
Miranda class - Starfleet registry NCC-21166
40 Eridani A Starfleet Construction Yards, Yoyodyne Division
Commissioned Stardate 22519.5
United Federation of Planets
Starfleet Command, Sol Sector
Chief of Staff, Starfleet: Adm. Les Landau
Fleet Operations: Adm. Richard James
Exploratory Division: Adm. Marvin Rush
Fleet Administration: V. Adm. Brad Yacobian
Tactical Command: V. Adm. Adele Simmons
Mission Operations: V. Adm. Rob Legato
Fleet Yards Operations: Capt. Dick Brownfield
Advanced Technologies Div.: Capt. Joe Chess
Stellar Imaging Div.: Capt. Bill Peets
Orbital Operations: Capt. Bob Sordal
Starfleet Academy: Capt. John Nesterowitz
Research & Development: Capt. Mandy Chamberlin

"... a three hour tour, a three hour tour."
robjkay

Post by robjkay »

That the only one I could fine to, the problem with it is that it is a recreated one. It is not the original one that is shown in the episode of TNG: Night Terror of the USS Brittain or DS9: Emissary of the USS Saratoga.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Well it was based on the original plaque. If there was a mistake they would be in a lot of trouble with the fans. It's just hard to find a good shot of the plaques. A lot of times I never even spot one on the bridge.
robjkay

Post by robjkay »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Well it was based on the original plaque. If there was a mistake they would be in a lot of trouble with the fans. It's just hard to find a good shot of the plaques. A lot of times I never even spot one on the bridge.
Well I would think a picture of the original plaque would be alot better to see, kind of like what has been shown from other ships.

Its just kind of wierd that nobody has found a clear shot from USS Brattain from TNG: Night Terrors or the USS Saratoga from DS9: Emissary plaque ethier from the episode or even a back stage picture of it.

I think there is some sort of conspiracy going on here, someone high-up in the ST higher hierarchy must be trying to prevent the name of Miranda Class to be seen in photo! :shock:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You're giving the ST writers to much credit for IQ! They most likely just forgot to put one up.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
robjkay

Post by robjkay »

Deepcrush wrote:You're giving the ST writers to much credit for IQ! They most likely just forgot to put one up.
LoL, I guess you are right! :D
robjkay

Post by robjkay »

Deepcrush wrote:You're giving the ST writers to much credit for IQ! They most likely just forgot to put one up.
robjkay

Post by robjkay »