TNG Continuity ripped to shrerds!

Trek Books, Games and General chat
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

TNG Continuity ripped to shrerds!

Post by MetalHead »

"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That is AWESOME!

Some of these things, you could explain away, but many are obvious YATIs, and others are just plain ignorant mistakes on the part of the writers. Well done, friend. Or are you my enemy? I don't recall; my head is is all Enterprised.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

Hilarious, looks like a huge collection of DITL's YATI's lol.

Anyhow, some of them are just silly and EASILY explained.

The ones with the borg, and the one with money are easy. and the one about wesley at the end..

About the first one with the borg, about what that girl said about their redundant systems, Picard has had YEARS to reflect on his experiances as Locutus, and possibly remembered a weak point in the cube, and the amount of firepower hitting that spot was incredible, including quantum torpedos. (why didn't any of the ships come armed with tri-cobalt devices though? I can imagine those would blow it to high hell)

And the one about picard saying he was fine from his experiance as locutus..

it's pretty stupid if you can't tell by his expression and his posture, he was lieing... lol in three or four seperate incidents you can tell picard isn't okay. the episode where he sees his brother, he brakes down bawling about what he had done.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The point about the Borg being able to withstand 78% damage was either a bog-up by the writers, or Shelby's analysis was wrong - the FC cube suffered a lot less than that before it blew up.

Locutus' comment about Data being primitive could easily be explain as Borg physiological warfare.

Most of them, however, are spot on. :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I thought that ep was perfectly written, (OMG i didn't just say that) I liked seeing that even the great Picard could have a weak moment. The drama and acting (for once) really hit the spot. Picard's brother who at first looked like the bad guy turned out to be helping his little brother in the best way, by forcing him to face his deamons.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That was great. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That was the greatest acting of the show for me. The two picard brothers dualing it out. Patrick Stewart's finest hour for ST TNG!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Actualy, I meant the clip show in the OP. :P
But yeah, that ep was pretty good.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:? :?:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I thought you were replying to my previous post?
That's why I stated what it was directed at.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Damn, now i'm just lost. :?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, just forget I said anything.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The 78% thing is just daft. Who says the Borg ship wasn't that damaged? Sure most of the HULL was intact enough, but internal systems? Inside that hull it might have been a raging inferno - for all we know they were 70% damaged and the "big barrage" did another 9% and tipped the balance.

A few of them you could rationalise away... but yeah, it's pretty funny watching them contradict themselves. :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

The beard one is the best one.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

haha i loved the priceless artifact. Least they had it there :P