TNG Continuity ripped to shrerds!

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

True. They didn't seem that much larger than photons, maybe 30%. But, it did take numerous hits from photons, quantums and phasers to trash the cube in FC. However, if you watch, a lot of them hit around the targeted area, so your point is still a good one. Hmm...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

What if the blast was mutli-phased in its wave lengths, it would allow the concussion to travel unstopped until it rephased back into normal space and out of subspace. It would make it look like the blast was everywhere at once but in truth the blast just in subspace. That would allow the blast to hit a large area and by passing armor and force fields.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Have we ever seen such an effect demonstrated elsewhere? As far as I know, the only time we've seen phase technology used is on solid objects, such as ships.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Here is what i was thinking though. The energy from the blast would be covered by a phased energy pulse wave. The two would seperate and the blast wave would rephase back to normal space. We have seen it before. Its subspace, only with a lot more power running through it then when I send you a christmas video of the kids. LMAO.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

And this is superior to the "specifically targets and homes in on power generator" theory how, exactly? That theory has the advantage of a) uses know facts about Borg vessels (they self-destruct if key systems are damaged) and doesn't involve reams of technobabble.
Deepcrush wrote:Here is what i was thinking though. The energy from the blast would be covered by a phased energy pulse wave. The two would seperate and the blast wave would rephase back to normal space. We have seen it before. Its subspace, only with a lot more power running through it then when I send you a christmas video of the kids. LMAO.
We've seen what before? What exactly is a "phased energy pulse wave"? Please provide episode names and quotes as evidence of this phenomenom having turned up before.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It just a thought, it was fitting with the idea of hitting a large number of targets all at once. And I never said it was superior to anything, just that it was another idea.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'm not talking about a superior weapon, I'm talking about a superior theory - one that does not require technobabble effects that we've never heard of before.

I'm also starting to get tired of this habit you seem to be developing of making sweeping claims of capabilities which aren't supported by canon, and then backpedalling with "oh, it was just a random idea" or similar when you get called on it. In this case, specifically:
Deepcrush wrote:Here is what i was thinking though. The energy from the blast would be covered by a phased energy pulse wave. The two would seperate and the blast wave would rephase back to normal space. We have seen it before. Its subspace, only with a lot more power running through it then when I send you a christmas video of the kids. LMAO.

I say again, provide evidence that we have seen this effect, or conceed.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.