You're the Admiral! (DITL version)

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Random post alert!
Does anyone here, have a really good way of making omelettes or scrambled eggs? Fast'n'cheap
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Granitehewer wrote:Random post alert!
Does anyone here, have a really good way of making omelettes or scrambled eggs? Fast'n'cheap
You mean bulk? I suggest scrambled eggs cooked in the oven in baking pans. Also note that most ovens have a broiler underneath which could also be used.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i'm thinking bulk, bodybuilders' breakfast, as decided to get into fitness again, but am not going with the 'wonders of egg whites' as thats' wasteful
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sorry I just got back to this, and my French is a bit rusty - did you just call me a little butterfly?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ok I'm gonna play.

I'll post my move when I get home in a few hours.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Well how about this. Just to keep with the added flavor (and realism) of starfleet lets assume that starfleet is still operating as starfleet does.

However we have a number of sociopaths here, and sociopaths deserve to have fun too right? Plus it'd be interesting.

So if you feel like being an Admiral Leyton you can have hand picked the officers for one of your ships, probably the best one. Some of the crew is still starfleet, but how much does the crew really know about what's going on?

So, while you have your loyal officers you've got the following issues.
1. If one of your other ships finds out what's going on (or what you've done), they'll go Picard/Sisko on you.
2. You cannot rely on your "loyal" ship to wipe out other federation ships. "Paradise Lost" sorts of things will tend to happen. All it takes is one member of the ship to jam up something.
3. If word gets back to starfleet along with sufficiant proof you'll again suffer. Of course if there isn't any proof......
4. If too much of the general crew finds out they will try to contact other ships/starfleet. This generally just restricts you from going full nazi.
5. Regular starfleet officers seem indoctrinated to the point they'll fly a Miranda at a Domionion battlecruiser. "Loyal" captains tend to think the greater good is best served by their staying alive. If faced with destruction they'll run/take hostages/sell you out, whatever the situation calls for.

Sound fun?
Last edited by sunnyside on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Also come on Hewer. It's time to step up. You don't want to wind up getting blamed for losing Waterloo and then shot by fireing squad or whatever. That's not the way to go.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

1. Pick your fleet, and explain your choices.
Sabre pts 38 eight of these
Str 217
Dip 2 sci 2
Warp 6/9.3/9.7

Nova pts 32 three of these
Str 255
Dip 1 sci 4
Warp 6/7/8

Defiant Pts 173 two of these
Str:1,551
Dip: 2 sci 2
Warp 6/8.7/9.5

Nebula w SWAC pts 250 one of these
Str 841
Dip 7 sci 7
Warp 6/9/9.4

Total 996

Being only one sector I figure I will only need one capital ship. Since we have a starbase facility over T'Eneb it is able to service my smaller craft which can not operate to far away from a starbase.

Having a Large Capital ship like the Nebula shows the Federator is taking a serious interest in the area and provides a feeling of security for the local Eneb. With the many number of smaller Saber class I am able to do the mapping and patrolling required to explore the sector while also protecting our protectorate and the other planets with which we hope to establish a relationship with.

While the scanning and diplomatic capabilities of the smaller craft may limit the indepth scanning and diplomacy of my mini fleet they are able to do preliminary scans and if they find anything overly interesting my capital ship can look closer.

2. Say where you're deploying each ship and what they're doing. You are considered to be at the now joint starbase above T'Eneb.

I station one of my Sabers over each of the 4 planets colonized by the Eneb. Not only does this show support for our new protectorate but it also gives support to the other planets who have as yet not chosen to join us. By offering Starfleet protection even though they do not wish to join us it may open the door for trade or possible future membership if they so choose. While there they will also be able to scan the immediate area for the pirate threat leaving the locals free to trade more and help develop their society along more peaceful line.

The Sabers stationed at the four planets will also help guide the Eneb. They will not take any form of power in their running of the society nor will they dictate any terms. Rather they will guide them much the way Vulcans did for humans but with out the arogent attitude and more help. We will supply them with resources and access to our replicators to help them but we will not give them the ability to build them themselves just yet. We will help them with what ever medical help they may need and help to wipe out disease and any social problems they may have such as starvation ect. They will also seek to assist them in their research into future technologies. They will avoid out right giving them help but more help and guide. They have learned from the mistakes Vulcans made with humans during our development.

With the abundant resources starfleet can provide the harsh competition you described may die down and they become more civilised. With equal opertunites they can work to better themselves and look to expand and explore much like humans did.

I will have two groups of star ships patrol the area around Eneb space. The groups will be a Nova Defiant and Saber. The first group will patrol from F3 to H4 to G6 then back again in a patrol pattern. The Nova in this group will preform long range scans of the planetary cluster and the surrounding area for signs of pirates or anything interesting. I think the pirates may be based out of the cluster.

The second group will patrol from E3 to C5 to E6 and back again in a patrol pattern. These patrols are to help locate and eliminate the Pirate threat that has plagued the Eneb and leave them to develop. The Second patrol group with the Nova will also perform scans of object 232 while they pass through sector C5 which is next to it. They are to scan it to see weather it is a threat or a danger to the sector.

These ships can all quickly come together in a fleet if need be to deal with any large threat.

That leaves my Nebula and my two Sabers and one nova. These ships will head south to Vullo where the Nebula will perform high detailed scans of the planet to check if there is any intelligent life on the planet and if it is ripe for colonization. If it is ripe for colonization I hope to establish a joint Federation/Eneb colony on the planet. I will also allow the other Enebs who are not Federation colonies on the planet if they so choose.

While the Nebula scans the planet one of my Nova heads over to object 231 and do a series of progressively closer scans being careful it is not a threat. The Saber will do a patrol rout between the planet and the Nova doing the scans of the object. My last Saber stays close to the Nova for protection. The patroling Sabers also scan for threats ect.

I will await the results of my scans.

I feel the only weakness in my fleet is the lack of Colony ships. I don't feel I was able to afford them with out sacrifing the safety and exploration sides of the sector. I am hoping that I will either get additional help from starfleet in the future in which I can set up a colony or after Eneb join their resources will allow the set up of a colony.

3. The Hermies has provided very patchy information. Say what you're trying to find out and how (may be related to #2, the Eneb have not really explored much as mentioned earlier)
Yeah I coverd this above. I await the results of my scans.

4. Comment on someone else's responses

I find Rocheys tactic to be amoral and totally against Starfleets principal. While it may cower the species into "Joining" It would also more than likely cause a Bajor like situation were the Cardassian. Sucking up resources and personal while giving nothing back. His limited number of ships also limits his exploration which may come back to haunt him as the pirates may take him by surprise or some other unforeseen danger. With no effort to make a colony either he limits his future bases to one area.

Usher T'Eneb successfully into the federation
Our show of support and protection from the pirates should show them we are friendly and serious about them. Our willness to aid them in solving their social problems should help to. Hopefully we may also bring in the other Eneb in the long run.
Protect Starfleet personel and equipment
With our grouping and patrol patterns we should be able to deal with almost anything. The Nebula which is around whould also scare off a lot of danger.
Attempt to at least achieve alliances with the other planets and/or other races.
Our protection and aid should also help with this. I hope to check out the hot planet once I have explored closer items and check if the soceity can be contacted with out breaking the prime directive.
Explore your sector, and if possible at least perform basic exploration of neighboring sectors
The Nebual and Sabers are exploring the south for now and will move on to other areas once finished there. The patrolling craft also scan the area adding to our local knowledge.
Solve the pirate problem
My Patrols should stop the attack and my exploration should hopefully find their base.
Learn more about the powers relevant to the sector
My patrols may come across them and by hopeful alliance with the local powers may give me information.
Establishing colonies and/or aquiring valuable resources is always appreciated by Starfleet command.
My alliance with the local powers should open up trade and resources. Also my exploration may hopefully find something good for starfleet.
Uphold the prime directive, other directives, all of that.
I am to up hold starfleet peaceful ethic and ideals while still protecting the innocent.
And of course do it all quickly, your time there is limited. Starfleet has a lot it wants to see done in the Galaxy.
I will do it as quickly as I can but not at the cost of the safety of the crews of my ships and the locals I hope to set up alliances with. Also with a more thorugh scans than other seem to do I may find something worth starfleets time.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, with the revelation that Akira's don't come stocked with fighters, I'd like to change my fleet around.:
1 Sovereign uprated: 484
Defiant class: 173
Defiant class: 173
Intrepid class: 94
10 Peregrines: 53
Nova class: 32

Total: 999 (how's that for an effecient use of resources? :wink: )

A question: Due to the fact that Sovereign's have extensive shuttle bays, would it be possible to throw out some of the shuttles, and fit the Peregrines in there?

My plans pretty much stay the same, with some modifications due to the restrictions placed on my rather xenocidal original plans.
Usher T'Eneb successfully into the federation
Easy enough. I send the Olympic into the system. I further impress them with our technology, and play up the whole 'we have no poverty, we have no sickness' stuff Picard always trots out. I point out the extensive medical labs on the Olympic, and maybe help them with a few cures to further get them on my side.
Attempt to at least achieve alliances with the other planets and/or other races.
Getting the homeworld of Chur'Eneb to join would be advantagous to me. As this may influence other planets controled by the Eneb to join as well.

Okay, before doing so, I make up 'evidence' of various hostile races such as the Klingons and Romulans being active in this area, and hostile to the Eneb. I play up the destruction of their vessels, putting this down to pre-emptive strikes against Eneb ships to lessen the resistance they can put up when the Rommies or Klings come charging in.
I inform them that were it my decision, I'd give them all the help they need in defending themselve, but the Federation government is reluctant to help as it may drag them into a war with another power. I inform them that they could get around this by becoming members of the Federation, as then we'd have to protect them.
During this time, the only ship around T'eneb will be my flagship (the sovereign), and I'll try to limit contact with any other Starfleet vessels in the area. Effectively cutting them off from any other source of information on Quadrant politics than myself.

I send each of the Defiants out to explore one of the unidentified object each.

I send the Intrepid out to look at Burros.

All ships have orders to withdraw immediately to T'eneb should they come under attack.

Okay, slightly less xenocidal...for now. Let's just see how this goes for the start.
Teaos wrote:I find Rocheys tactic to be amoral and totally against Starfleets principal.
Thank you. :wink:
With no effort to make a colony either he limits his future bases to one area.
You're right that I'm relying on the Eneb for bases and support. But setting up a colony would simply give me a place I have to defend. Whereas I lose nothing if the Eneb get bombed.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

That's much more thought out, with some good ideas.

I take it that the Sov is "loyal" or are you trying to use pure starfleet?

The only trick is that you selected a nova, not an Olympic. You could simply swap the two and have an exactly 1000pt fleet.

As for the peregrines DITL doesn't give the Sov carrier capacity, nor is there any hint in cannon for it, so I won't let you just carry them in the Sov as deployable fighters. Plus maybe the shuttles and stuff were figured into it's Dip/sci ratings. I don't know.

Perhapse more importantly if I let you than I'd have to pull peregrine carrying capacity rules out of my butt for all ships. :P

However with only ten fighters you could box them up and transport them to the low tech joint space station and stage them out of there. They could provide a cheap 530 strength dedicated squad for the planet. Though they don't have the endurance to spend a week at max cruise to get to one of the other Eneb planets on their own.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

So is anyone else gonna join or shall we get this show on the road?

JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: You're the Admiral! (DITL version)

Post by JudgeKing »

1x Sovereign uprated- 484
2x Intrepids-188
1x Defiant-173
4x Novas-128
989 points

Anyways, how much time do we have?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

If you mean time to post the rest of your move the sooner the better. If you mean how much time do we have in game. I dont think there is a real time limit but your supposed to do it reasonably quickly. No plans that span a decade :D

sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

I'm still hoping that Hewer will find a general underneath the Maxime Weygand and Ney. :D

Maybe someone else too, like Mikey, but if someone isn't forthcoming and Rochey responds to my last question and JudgeKing finishes up their post I may just move on, after all there can be another if everything works well.
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

Is it too late to get in on this?

My fleet:

4X Defiants.
4X Sabers
2X Steamrunners.

For 984 points total. I'm going for a 'light and fast' type fleet; gonna hunt me some pirates! :D
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton