You're the Admiral! (DITL version)

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Would it be possible to guest star, for instance to control a single vessel, in one of the admirals' fleets?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You could always be the loyal (to me) captain of one of my ships. That would guarantee you a place in my new galactic order.

Come, join with me. And we will rule the galaxy together!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

"I'll never join you!"

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :oops:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

The plan was that admirals would be totally independent of each other, just seeing how they would handle and deal with the same situations. Or I guess you could consider yourselves to be in identical parrallel dimensions, whatever.

While it diverges from the origional idea it might be interesting to have Hewer play a non sociopathic starfleet captain in Rochey's fleet. That could be interesting, and actually sounds like a Trek episode. But maybe I'll keep that one under my hat for a bit.

By the way why are people nervous about playing? Is it that hard to select and use a fleet? I thought people would jump at something like this.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think I would like to jump in, but I'm posting in between working, and I'd like to do a slight bit of thinking/planning/plotting before I get into it.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"I'll never join you!"
Resistance, is futile. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

it'll always to interesting to play a moralistic aide de camp, to rocheys' amoral unhinged admiral :-)
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Should we start calling you Marshal Ney(sp.)?
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Brave des Braves
Oui, mon petite papillion
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

'Unhinged'?
I beg to differ, I am in complete control of my mental faculties.
I just have a rather different idea of how to proceed when someone says 'make them join'. :wink:
Should we start calling you Marshal Ney(sp.)?
I was thinking of 'Heinrich' myself, but Ney's good. :wink:
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

I'm as devoted as Davout, but that would make rochey, napoleon.......what kind of alternate universe,is this?! lol
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The alternative universe that gives rise to the Imperium of Man. :wink:
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

I think this marks the first time on a message board someone has compared themselves to a nazi....
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

thats' 'heydrich' as in reinhard, you're thinking off........not heinrich..but perhaps a little sensitivity is needed here
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think this marks the first time on a message board someone has compared themselves to a nazi....
:lol: Probably true.
Only jokeingly, though.
thats' 'heydrich' as in reinhard, you're thinking off........not heinrich..
No, I meant 'Heinrich' as in 'Heinrich Himmler', in reference to my fairly xenocidal plans on the first page.
but perhaps a little sensitivity is needed here
Maybe so.
I'll just go with Marshal Ney. :P